• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Need to get Big Poppa Pump in there somewhere really. And Buff Bagwell. Like them or not, they were some of WCW's top draws.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah I was looking for some reason to get Steiner in there. Was tempted to put him and Rick Steiner in the tag match but that would take some prestige away from that match of Harlem Heat overcoming the odds against the NWO. Maybe DDP could've beaten him instead of Storm?

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The fact that GIMP and sledger have argued in this thread that Booker wasn't buried by Trips in 2003 pretty much makes anything they argue about wrestling moot. Bunch of Vince fanboys.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dude, this is his onscreen character

I'm not disputing he's been a **** in the past but you can't hate on real-life HHH for the things he does as the authority geezer. Well you can, but I don't think you should.

EDIT - sorry if that reads patronising, isn't meant to.
Yeah I'm sure his in character comments about Edge and Jericho were just him playing his character too.

he strattles the line. No idea bout Booker segment on Raw this week. As if I'm watching Raw in a PG era.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The fact that GIMP and sledger have argued in this thread that Booker wasn't buried by Trips in 2003 pretty much makes anything they argue about wrestling moot. Bunch of Vince fanboys.
I've not argued that at all you idiot. All I have done is mock you for being the tool that you are.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I've not argued that at all you idiot. All I have done is mock you for being the tool that you are.
Nah you did.

Fair dos. I don't really remember much from that period, as I stopped watching between WM18 and WM20. I honestly never really thought of Booker being "the man" at any point during his WWE stint though. Except maybe when the whole invasion thing kicked off.
Probably cos he was buried.
Well, maybe, but how much of that was down to HHH? There may have been behind the scenes shenanigans, but he scarcely ever worked with him in the ring.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No I haven't.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah I'm sure his in character comments about Edge and Jericho were just him playing his character too.

he strattles the line. No idea bout Booker segment on Raw this week. As if I'm watching Raw in a PG era.
Well we discussed the Edge/Jericho bit already. My opinion on that is aiming it at DB was kayfabe but the use of those wrestlers as a reference point wasn't. Clear and easy to interpret.

I mean strattles clearly isn't a word. Given Raw has been PG for six years now, not sure how you could claim any knowledge of how 'kayfabe' his authority figure character is. Here's a clue though. People don't get fired live on Raw, they get wished luck in their future endeavors on the website.

And seeing as you hate PG Raw I can only assume you never watched it before 97...