• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Btw, if what you guys want to watch is trainwreck PPVs, when check out TNA Victory Road 2011.... really does not get any better.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Speaking of HBK vs. Taker etc., what is the biggest surprise result for you guys? Was it Lesnar over Taker, or something else?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Only because of the Liz-Randy reunion... else the **** elbow drop kickout would've ruined it.
Disagree, great match from start to finish.

Speaking of HBK vs. Taker etc., what is the biggest surprise result for you guys? Was it Lesnar over Taker, or something else?
David Arquette winning the title obv

Only joking, just happened to be watching the 'celebrities' edition of MNW last night

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Oh yeah I agree, I just hate the elbow drop sequence but that's just because I'm a Macho Man mark for life.
Me too tbf. What a talent.

His match with Flair at WM8. Man, so good.

How he was only 2-time WWE champ I'll never know

well yes i will. but whatever.

Bizarre the way Vince used him circa 93/94. I mean he was good on commentary but wtf. Such a waste. No wonder WCW gave them a pounding after that

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To answer Joni's question, I do believe it's Taker-Lesnar, from memory.

When Jericho won the title on raw that time was probably the closest I've come to utter disbelief aside from that. But it doesn't count anyway.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Seriously, WarGames 2000 -- the triple cage match on some random episode of Nitro. What the actual ****?!?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Btw, if what you guys want to watch is trainwreck PPVs, when check out TNA Victory Road 2011.... really does not get any better.
Great American Bash 2006 was pretty bad as well, mainly due to half the roster being suspended for taking roids.

Love how they made the Punjabi Prison match (which has to be one of the ****test gimmick match ideas ever) just for Khali, and then the idiot got suspended at the last minute and had to be replaced by Big Show. Was a total mess.

Also, ECW December to Dismember was also absolutely horrible.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Jericho winning the world title in 2008 was pretty great. I kind of expected it after he was put in the match at the last minute as a replacement for Punk, but it was still gun.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I often hear how bad it was, but never actually witnessed any of it. I'm, erm, somewhat curious.
I don't recall many of their ppvs being really really terrible. IIRC most of the really dire/infamous incidents occurred on Nitro, or can be attributed to dire booking/creative decisions more generally.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Speaking of dire gimmick matches, does anyone remember the "dog poo match" between Rock and Bulldog? Or the Dog Kennel Match between Al Snow and Big Bossman?

Edit: Haha, just remembered the Jeff Jarrett "Good Housekeeping" match as well.

And the brawl for all, where all the competitors got legit injured. :laugh:

You really wonder what creative were thinking when they came up with some of these.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Speaking of dire gimmick matches, does anyone remember the "dog poo match" between Rock and Bulldog? Or the Dog Kennel Match between Al Snow and Big Bossman?

Edit: Haha, just remembered the Jeff Jarrett "Good Housekeeping" match as well.

And the brawl for all, where all the competitors got legit injured. :laugh:

You really wonder what creative were thinking when they came up with some of these.
One man links all them. And funnily enough, these things started appearing in WCW around late-99 early-2000. Funny that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Ha, not to mention how these sorts of strange matches started appearing in TNA about ten years later as well...

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
I don't recall many of their ppvs being really really terrible. IIRC most of the really dire/infamous incidents occurred on Nitro, or can be attributed to dire booking/creative decisions more generally.
I vaguely recall catching a piece of what I assume was a Nitro from when I was a very small child, involving some weird bloke with black hair and white face paint (tbf I was like 5, you can't expect me to have known who Sting was) and a mud pit. Can only assume it was this one. Holy ****ing **** they did some ridiculous things on Nitro.