Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 965
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: *Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

  1. #181
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,212
    CDM, the forum has been lacking your contributions as of late. How's that Kindle?

  2. #182
    International Captain cover drive man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    7,146
    Hi sledge, just remembered I didn't reply to your Facebook message. Sorry about that very busy lately. Gone and cracked the kindle screen as well
    Everyone wants to change the world, noone wants to change himself.

    -Tolstoy

  3. #183
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    I hope that whoever it is returns for a full segment rather than right at the end, that'd be a bit of a waste.
    The speed at which a fielding team gets through the innings is overrated.

  4. #184
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,212
    Not fussed to be honest, I think as long as the segment is good I couldn't really care less.

    Will be interesting to see how things are handled if it is Jericho though. Presumably if he comes back it will be as a face as the crowd reaction will be a strong one. But if he is to enter a program with Punk then one of them would have to turn heel, and I would much rather it was Jericho. Given the fact that if he is back it is likely to only be for a few months anyway, it would seem a bit of a waste for Punk to be turned heel for such a short space of time anyway.


  5. #185
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,212
    Quote Originally Posted by cover drive man View Post
    Hi sledge, just remembered I didn't reply to your Facebook message. Sorry about that very busy lately. Gone and cracked the kindle screen as well
    Oh Scheisse, that's no good, how did that happen?

  6. #186
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,212
    ....the ****....

    Don't tell me I stayed up till nearly 4am to watch that!

    I love Jericho, and I have no doubt this is going somewhere...somewhere good probably. But that segment imo, was horrible.

  7. #187
    State Vice-Captain nsniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,154
    Here's the thing.

    If there is anything to be learned from that segment tonight, it was the word of the night: Attention.

    All of those cryptic and ominous vignettes that played for weeks were a precursor of the type of hype Jericho was expected to get, prior to tonight. People wanted to know what they meant and, if it truly was Jericho, how does it relate to him? We got no answers whatsoever tonight because that is what Jericho intended on doing. Whether you marked for his return and yet got frustrated and angry about the long winded and dragging pandering he did is not the point. The fact is that he got your attention. You did exactly what he wanted you to do. He took away the attention from John Cena and Kane. He took away the attention from CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. He took away the attention from R-Truth and Miz. All tonight because he was making the point that he wants to be the only thing that matters and we haven't gave him that sort of focused motive since leaving WWE and have subtly transferred all of that the the self proclaimed Best In The World, CM Punk.

    If you watched that segment tonight and didn't feel a little bit angered, antagonized, disappointed, or frustrated then you either have no emotions or you're a very bad liar. I was getting annoyed and frustrated when he kept dragging but then after the segment, I smiled and thought "That ****er got me."

    He didn't troll anybody or anything. We, the sheep, just have a different outlook and reasoning of what Jericho was actually trying to accomplish tonight and it worked. We forgot about a great talent and the best at what he does in Jericho and have latched onto someone else (Punk), even though Jericho feels, in his mind, he was a better version of CM Punk so why have people latched on the cheap imitation (Punk) and yet people aren't largely demanding the genuine brand (Jericho).

    he's not coming back for fans. He's coming back for he, and he alone. He's coming back to solidify himself as the Best In the World and he can't do that until he takes out the man parading around with that title, physically and metaphorically, that Jericho feels he stole.

    Jericho is ****ing awesome and tonight has reassured me even more that Jericho cannot leave the WWE again unless he's retiring or has a very damn good reason. He's too valuable as of now and WWE needs him. Badly.
    Last edited by nsniks; 03-01-2012 at 12:18 AM.

  8. #188
    International Vice-Captain andruid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Sometimes I'm online, Sometimes I'm offline
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by nsniks View Post
    Here's the thing.
    If there is anything to be learned from that segment tonight, it was the word of the night: Attention.
    All of those cryptic and ominous vignettes that played for weeks were a precursor of the type of hype Jericho was expected to get, prior to tonight. People wanted to know what they meant and, if it truly was Jericho, how does it relate to him? We got no answers whatsoever tonight because that is what Jericho intended on doing. Whether you marked for his return and yet got frustrated and angry about the long winded and dragging pandering he did is not the point. The fact is that he got your attention. You did exactly what he wanted you to do. He took away the attention from John Cena and Kane. He took away the attention from CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. He took away the attention from R-Truth and Miz. All tonight because he was making the point that he wants to be the only thing that matters and we haven't gave him that sort of focused motive since leaving WWE and have subtly transferred all of that the the self proclaimed Best In The World, CM Punk.
    If you watched that segment tonight and didn't feel a little bit angered, antagonized, disappointed, or frustrated then you either have no emotions or you're a very bad liar. I was getting annoyed and frustrated when he kept dragging but then after the segment, I smiled and thought "That ****er got me."
    He didn't troll anybody or anything. We, the sheep, just have a different outlook and reasoning of what Jericho was actually trying to accomplish tonight and it worked. We forgot about a great talent and the best at what he does in Jericho and have latched onto someone else (Punk), even though Jericho feels, in his mind, he was a better version of CM Punk so why have people latched on the cheap imitation (Punk) and yet people aren't largely demanding the genuine brand (Jericho).
    he's not coming back for fans. He's coming back for he, and he alone. He's coming back to solidify himself as the Best In the World and he can't do that until he takes out the man parading around with that title, physically and metaphorically, that Jericho feels he stole.
    Jericho is ****ing awesome and tonight has reassured me even more that Jericho cannot leave the WWE again unless he's retiring or has a very damn good reason. He's too valuable as of now and WWE needs him. Badly.
    No world's fattest man gimmick then?
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfertang View Post
    Why don't the boxers have any head protection any more?
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Burgey submitted a class action suggesting they harden the **** up.

  9. #189
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,212
    Quote Originally Posted by nsniks View Post
    Here's the thing.

    If there is anything to be learned from that segment tonight, it was the word of the night: Attention.

    All of those cryptic and ominous vignettes that played for weeks were a precursor of the type of hype Jericho was expected to get, prior to tonight. People wanted to know what they meant and, if it truly was Jericho, how does it relate to him? We got no answers whatsoever tonight because that is what Jericho intended on doing. Whether you marked for his return and yet got frustrated and angry about the long winded and dragging pandering he did is not the point. The fact is that he got your attention. You did exactly what he wanted you to do. He took away the attention from John Cena and Kane. He took away the attention from CM Punk and Dolph Ziggler. He took away the attention from R-Truth and Miz. All tonight because he was making the point that he wants to be the only thing that matters and we haven't gave him that sort of focused motive since leaving WWE and have subtly transferred all of that the the self proclaimed Best In The World, CM Punk.

    If you watched that segment tonight and didn't feel a little bit angered, antagonized, disappointed, or frustrated then you either have no emotions or you're a very bad liar. I was getting annoyed and frustrated when he kept dragging but then after the segment, I smiled and thought "That ****er got me."

    He didn't troll anybody or anything. We, the sheep, just have a different outlook and reasoning of what Jericho was actually trying to accomplish tonight and it worked. We forgot about a great talent and the best at what he does in Jericho and have latched onto someone else (Punk), even though Jericho feels, in his mind, he was a better version of CM Punk so why have people latched on the cheap imitation (Punk) and yet people aren't largely demanding the genuine brand (Jericho).

    he's not coming back for fans. He's coming back for he, and he alone. He's coming back to solidify himself as the Best In the World and he can't do that until he takes out the man parading around with that title, physically and metaphorically, that Jericho feels he stole.

    Jericho is ****ing awesome and tonight has reassured me even more that Jericho cannot leave the WWE again unless he's retiring or has a very damn good reason. He's too valuable as of now and WWE needs him. Badly.
    Yeah, good post this. Had I not stayed up all night to watch it I would probably have enjoyed it a lot more. He got me alright.

    He has always said that he wasn't interested in coming back again unless he could do something fresh, something edgy and different, and so I really expected some sort of swerve. (at first I had a terrible feeling they had reinvented his Y2J character, and that would have been pretty poor).

    Like you say, like it or hate it, he really got a huge reaction. I'm not sure I have ever seen someone get such a positive reaction and then have it turn into such a negative reaction within the space of ten minutes without actually really doing or saying anything. Guy had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Crowd popped big and then booed him out of the building.

    I guess it answers my question of who will turn heel out of Punk/Jericho too.

  10. #190
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    55,311
    Any footage/link of the segment guys?
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  11. #191
    Cricketer Of The Year Manee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Heaven
    Posts
    8,433
    SPOILER











    Loads on YouTube. Type [spoiler]Jericho returns[/url] and it is the first one.
    Last edited by Manee; 03-01-2012 at 06:48 AM.

  12. #192
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,212
    Just watched it back again. The guy's a master of his art.

    My angst about the segment is because as a fan it appealed to my inner mark, and I feel like a kid whose favourite face has just turned heel. It wasn't actually a bad segment at all really.

    Why Chris? Why?

  13. #193
    State Vice-Captain nsniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Yeah, good post this. Had I not stayed up all night to watch it I would probably have enjoyed it a lot more. He got me alright.

    He has always said that he wasn't interested in coming back again unless he could do something fresh, something edgy and different, and so I really expected some sort of swerve. (at first I had a terrible feeling they had reinvented his Y2J character, and that would have been pretty poor).

    Like you say, like it or hate it, he really got a huge reaction. I'm not sure I have ever seen someone get such a positive reaction and then have it turn into such a negative reaction within the space of ten minutes without actually really doing or saying anything. Guy had the crowd in the palm of his hand. Crowd popped big and then booed him out of the building.

    I guess it answers my question of who will turn heel out of Punk/Jericho too.
    Really hope that Jericho and Punk have creative influence in their upcoming feud like Jericho and Michaels had during their feud. Good god ****s going to get good

  14. #194
    Spanish_Vicente sledger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Posts
    32,212
    I expect they will, I imagine the segment last night was thought up by Jericho himself, and like you say his track record in creative work is pretty damn good. I doubt he'd have come back if he hadn't already been guaranteed he'd be allow to have quite a lot of input in this regard as well. Similarly the creative team have let Punk put in a lot over the last year with great results, so I expect they'll do the same here. May as well just leave it to the two of them imo, if you put them in a program together it'll more or less write itself. Has the potential to be off the charts good.

    When i'm asked if I can think of one guy who really ticks the boxes of all the facets required to make a good pro-wrestler and really excels at every one of them, I inevitably think of Shawn Michaels. But I think if Jericho can make this new program really work (and let's face it, it'd be a bit of a shock if it wasn't at least very good) then I think he really will immortalise his legacy in the business (that is to say, if he hasn't already) and in my eyes will be more or less on a level playing field with HBK. He's constantly evolved his character from Lionheart, to Y2J, to the Best in the world at what he does, to whatever his new persona might be. He's performed to the highest level in every division from the lower-card to the top of the main event scene. I can't think of a single program of his that has been genuinely bad, he's made even the crap ones watchable (e.g. the one with Chyna). His ring work is pretty underrated, he can work a number of styles, has great ring psychology and I can't think of a bad match he has had with anyone. His promos are great, he gets consistently strong reactions as both face and heel, and he can work the crowd however he wants.

    I don't mean for this to sound like a big ass-kiss. I'll make no secret that I've always liked Jericho and he's been a favourite of mine ever since I really started watching the WWE(F), the first RAW I ever watched was the one he debuted on ironically. But now, for the first time, rather than him just being my favourite, I really think we are seeing a guy who is at the absolute peak of his powers, who really is nearing the status of an all-time great.

  15. #195
    State Vice-Captain nsniks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Delhi, India
    Posts
    1,154
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I expect they will, I imagine the segment last night was thought up by Jericho himself, and like you say his track record in creative work is pretty damn good. I doubt he'd have come back if he hadn't already been guaranteed he'd be allow to have quite a lot of input in this regard as well. Similarly the creative team have let Punk put in a lot over the last year with great results, so I expect they'll do the same here. May as well just leave it to the two of them imo, if you put them in a program together it'll more or less write itself. Has the potential to be off the charts good.

    When i'm asked if I can think of one guy who really ticks the boxes of all the facets required to make a good pro-wrestler and really excels at every one of them, I inevitably think of Shawn Michaels. But I think if Jericho can make this new program really work (and let's face it, it'd be a bit of a shock if it wasn't at least very good) then I think he really will immortalise his legacy in the business (that is to say, if he hasn't already) and in my eyes will be more or less on a level playing field with HBK. He's constantly evolved his character from Lionheart, to Y2J, to the Best in the world at what he does, to whatever his new persona might be. He's performed to the highest level in every division from the lower-card to the top of the main event scene. I can't think of a single program of his that has been genuinely bad, he's made even the crap ones watchable (e.g. the one with Chyna). His ring work is pretty underrated, he can work a number of styles, has great ring psychology and I can't think of a bad match he has had with anyone. His promos are great, he gets consistently strong reactions as both face and heel, and he can work the crowd however he wants.

    I don't mean for this to sound like a big ass-kiss. I'll make no secret that I've always liked Jericho and he's been a favourite of mine ever since I really started watching the WWE(F), the first RAW I ever watched was the one he debuted on ironically. But now, for the first time, rather than him just being my favourite, I really think we are seeing a guy who is at the absolute peak of his powers, who really is nearing the status of an all-time great.
    I always liked him but was never a big fan in his Y2J run, but his Best in the World run made me a big fan of his work. His feud with HBK and amazing series with Rey was awesome.

Page 13 of 65 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The no stats thread
    By archie mac in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 140
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 08:13 AM
  2. Thread Hijacks
    By sledger in forum Site Discussion
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 04:32 PM
  3. Official NFL 2009-2010 Thread
    By 99* in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 02:58 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •