• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
HHH having beef with him did actually make sense given the pipe bomb etc, just the way they executed it was ****e. Certainly I was watching raw less after that than I had been before.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Fair enough. Hypothetically then, what would you have done with him?
Random thoughts literally off the top of my head:

- Feud vs. Taker, who was a heel at the time. Even if he loses at Mania (which he'd have to obviously) it could have been booked amazingly well with RVD almost beating him but Taker winning heel (or even cleanly if necessary). I think he lost the Hardcore title to Taker at Vengeance (that PPV where they put Triple H on the cover to make everyone excited and then he didn't show up lol). Have that feud either continue or don't book it at Vengeance, book it at Mania (without the Hardcore title probably).
- Feud vs. heel Angle after the whole Angle vs. Triple H feud finished with Trips beating him or whatevr happened after No Way Out to get back his Mania title shot. Man how sick would a Mania match have been between those two instead of Angle vs. Kane.

**** so much better than Taker vs. Flair and Angle vs. Kane, and definitely better than RVD vs. Regal. **** this ****, now I'm annoyed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Can't open them in work. So he made a slant on them on TV. WAC

They definitely not worked responses from edge/Jericho? Jericho is infamous for that but happy to accept they weren't
"Here's the thing, Daniel. I've seen guys like you come and go a million times. Guys like Jericho, Edge, Rob Van Dam. All guys that are very talented, don't get me wrong. Top guys! Very popular! But not "the one." Never were they "the one." And maybe nobody wants to say this, but it needs to be said: It's a fact. If any of those guys had been the face of the WWE back in the day, we'd all be working for Ted Turner right now," said Hunter.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Taker Flair was good but I like the Angle idea
Yeah, he had already just spent a few months feuding with Taker anyway iirc. Taker vs Flair is actually really quite underrated imo - not an amazing match, but better than average. The bit where Arn Anderson interferes and Taker ends up beating him up is great :laugh:

I like the Angle idea too though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
"Here's the thing, Daniel. I've seen guys like you come and go a million times. Guys like Jericho, Edge, Rob Van Dam. All guys that are very talented, don't get me wrong. Top guys! Very popular! But not "the one." Never were they "the one." And maybe nobody wants to say this, but it needs to be said: It's a fact. If any of those guys had been the face of the WWE back in the day, we'd all be working for Ted Turner right now," said Hunter.
The weird thing about this, imo, is that for me for a period Edge really was "the one", or at least damn near close to being it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, he had already just spent a few months feuding with Taker anyway iirc.
I did suggest pushing that feud back tbh, instead of having that for the Hardcore Title, that could have been at Mania.

Taker vs. Flair doesn't need to occur at Mania where you know Flair is losing. Have that at any PPV, and give that the proper build up over their legacies. Don't just make it over Flair being pissed at Taker's treatment of The Rock ffs.

RVD literally ha no right to be as over as he was in 2001. Can imagine how surprising it would have been for everyone, writers, McMahons etc. Was fairly crazy how much he was cheered.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The weird thing about this, imo, is that for me for a period Edge really was "the one", or at least damn near close to being it.
Yeah he really was. He very much was "the guy" on Smackdown and with Taker, saved the brand from the doldrums and made it watchable.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Storyline wise I'd have no problem with him saying something like that but if it's true that it came out of the blue then that is snide.

Also think Bryan is more over than any of them ever where as faces ftr.

OverratedSanity

Storyline wise I'd have no problem with him saying something like that but if it's true that it came out of the blue then that is snide.

Also think Bryan is more over than any of them ever where as faces ftr.
Yeah which makes it even more infuriating that the only time WWE put Bryan in the top position was when the entire fanbase pissed on their plans.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
holy ****. was all of 2011 like that with Punk?

So obvious he's the kind of guy I'd have loved. No wonder Bret is a huge fan.
He was awesome from day one. Good run in WWECW (was I believe meant to wrestle Benoit the day he killed woman and his kid), good MITB win (with the E dropping the ball big time on his actual title run) and then AWESOME slow heel turn on Jeff Hardy after his second MITB win. That summer of 09, the first WWE summer of Punk IMO with him and Hardy putting on great matches and Punk getting immense heat. Then the next year he does a great feud with Rey and his Straight Edge Society (which again never reached its potential thanks to WWE mishandling it/Serena ****ing up), a brief spell taking over Nexus where he was badass and then the best in the world routine starting with pipebomb and seeing him through to the end really.

OverratedSanity

holy ****. was all of 2011 like that with Punk?

So obvious he's the kind of guy I'd have loved. No wonder Bret is a huge fan.
There was a stretch in 2011 from before that infamous pre-MITB promo where Punk would just come out and trash anyone standing in the ring in the best way possible. The guy was first class on the mic even when he was given scripted BS but when the chains were taken off for a while he was pure magic. He was in cbf-mode because he was infuriated with the WWE and it paid off beautifully on screen. It's worth watching every single promo he did in that period if you can track it all down.

Some of the best stuff is here:

My favorite is this one:

HBK: "You and I have some similarities. We don't smoke, we don't drink, we don't do drugs..."
Punk: "Anymore?"

Amazing :lol:

OverratedSanity

He was awesome from day one. Good run in WWECW (was I believe meant to wrestle Benoit the day he killed woman and his kid), good MITB win (with the E dropping the ball big time on his actual title run) and then AWESOME slow heel turn on Jeff Hardy after his second MITB win. That summer of 09, the first WWE summer of Punk IMO with him and Hardy putting on great matches and Punk getting immense heat. Then the next year he does a great feud with Rey and his Straight Edge Society (which again never reached its potential thanks to WWE mishandling it/Serena ****ing up), a brief spell taking over Nexus where he was badass and then the best in the world routine starting with pipebomb and seeing him through to the end really.
God, Straight Edge Society was so good. And his feud with Hardy was where he truly took off in my eyes. That segment where he came out to Hardy's music complete with his facepaint and dance was glorious.