• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh god John Laurinaitis. Sounds so horrific watching clips of him. What was his era like?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh god John Laurinaitis. Sounds so horrific watching clips of him. What was his era like?
****ing terrible. There was an awful Cena vs Laurinaitis match at Over the Limit 2012 which was the ****ing main event over Punk vs Bryan for the WWE title. It was absurd how Punk hardly ever got to main event any PPVs (let alone Wrestlemania) when he was champion.

OverratedSanity

nah get stuffed, Warrior vs. Rude was awesome.

I remember their body building contest and Rude cracking the ****s when Warrior beat him :laugh:
Yeah I agree, Rude vs Warrior was great. Rude probably one of the more underrated wrestlers tbh... was one of the few (along with Macho Man) good enough to pull off a great match with Warrior. Not to mention he's one of the best looking wrestlers ever... was surprised he never got a big title run tbh. He seemed to have everything in hindsight.

OverratedSanity

Haha I actually think del Rio is awesome. Check out some of his mic work in other promotions (his recent Lucha Underground debut was fantastic too)... the guy has tons of charisma, just wasn't able to express it properly in the WWE tightly scripted style, I guess. He also put on some top matches with Punk and Sheamus, unfortunately his gimmick sucked and no one cared.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I agree, Rude vs Warrior was great. Rude probably one of the more underrated wrestlers tbh... was one of the few (along with Macho Man) good enough to pull off a great match with Warrior. Not to mention he's one of the best looking wrestlers ever... was surprised he never got a big title run tbh. He seemed to have everything in hindsight.
Funny you should say that:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah HBK WAC. Vader was robbed.
Pretty good list, can't argue with it. Debiase, Piper, Rude and Vader for sure. Hennig and Pillman would have been good too but don't really have an issue.

He's so right though, being elevated to WWE champion back then was so so much harder.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Watching starrcade 96. Never seen it before but I'm angry all the way through knowing how it ends. ****s sake.

nWo got old pretty quickly IMO

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Watching starrcade 96. Never seen it before but I'm angry all the way through knowing how it ends. ****s sake.

nWo got old pretty quickly IMO
What your beef with 96? Piper win! You talking about the fan jumping in the ring and getting beaten up?

Or are you referring to 97,which is the one that had the **** ending.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just rewatched Hogan vs. Piper at Starrcade 96, you've gotta be referring to 97. Hogan losing clean to Piper despite the Giant interfering is still ****ing awesome.

Man DeBiase's face when the fan jumps the barricade and tries to hit him :laugh: Love that the referee Randy Anderson kicked the **** out of that fan and prevented him from ruining the match any further.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What your beef with 96? Piper win! You talking about the fan jumping in the ring and getting beaten up?

Or are you referring to 97,which is the one that had the **** ending.
Okay so I love that Piper got the win

i hate that they hadn't mentioned it was non-title. Dusty is going "we have a new champion...or do we I'm not so sure," Piper walks off and the show ends win Hogan celebrating with the belt. The biggest show of the year and it's headlined by a non title match. Get ****ed.