• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Man how the **** could you like JBL's title run. Pretty much killed wrestling for me.
I wasn't watching at the time unless it was on when I got in. I remember my mate telling me he was WWE champ and I refused to believe him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was the ****test thing ever.

I think it was before his title run, but he was kicking "mexicans" back over the border during his feud with Eddie. It was just ****ed up ****, and after all the greatness of Eddie winning the title he lost it to that ****head of a man.

Smackdown was so **** at that time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Really? Vince is such a weirdo. And why would Steph and Trips allow that too.

Such an odd bunch of ****s.
Yeah, apparently there is a segment of the DVD which specifically brings up how, rather inexplicably, Savage was very obviously deliberately ignored by the WWE for so long, and it subtly implies that it is something to do with Stephanie McMahon. It includes clips from a home video where Savage shoots on HHH and tells him he will "take his girl" or something. There are other people interviewed as a part of the segment, like Dusty Rhodes, or also basically allude to the fact that something may have gone on between them apparently.

andmark

International Captain
He (JBL) said he purposely wrestled worse in order to make fans think "oh the other guy is clearly better". Seems like a boring thing to do.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

I think it was before his title run, but he was kicking "mexicans" back over the border during his feud with Eddie. It was just ****ed up ****, and after all the greatness of Eddie winning the title he lost it to that ****head of a man.

i was so "what the ****" when i was reading his wiki the other month and got to this part

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Yeah, I agree. It was around this time that I lost interest in wrestling for a few years.

I actually quite like the JBL character tbh, and he's not a terrible performer by any means. But he was never anywhere near world title level for me, and the fact he held the damn thing for basically a year was awful.

Above anything else the bloke just looked like a total slob. Was obviously well overweight, and just looked like a joke when lined up against members of the roster who were genuinely athletic.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wren't a ****load of people injured though and he was the only guy to give the title to?
Should have kept in on Eddie or given it to Undertaker (who was active full-time at this point) imo. There were plenty of young up and coming stars they could have feuded with.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, I agree. It was around this time that I lost interest in wrestling for a few years.

I actually quite like the JBL character tbh, and he's not a terrible performer by any means. But he was never anywhere near world title level for me, and the fact he held the damn thing for basically a year was awful.

Above anything else the bloke just looked like a total slob. Was obviously well overweight, and just looked like a joke when lined up against members of the roster who were genuinely athletic.
Its funny you say that I was on his wiki page the other day and saw how young he is. I thought he was ****ing old as **** when he had his title reign but nope, he was just a fat ****.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Having thought about it, I now particularly remember what pissed me off about JBL being repackaged and immediately pushed into the main event.

There were a bunch of guys on RAW at the time, like Jericho, Christian and RVD who were all over; had all paid their dues; all were on the up and going places; and all should have been given the chance to step up to the plate; and all of whom were basically just sitting around on the midcard doing nothing.

Just stunk so much that JBL, who had never really been anything other than a very obviously midcard/tag-team brawler with no obvious star power or draw was just stuck ahead of these guys for no obvious reason. Connections with the McMahons I guess.

Edit: Booker T being another one who should have been given a chance.