• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which three teams would you like to see relegated from the Premier League?

Which three sides would you like to be relegated from the Premier League?

• Birmingham, Blackburn, Blackpool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Birmingham, Blackburn, Wigan

• Birmingham, Blackpool, Wolves

• Birmingham, Blackpool, West Ham

• Blackburn, Blackpool, Wolves

• Blackburn, Blackpool, West Ham

• Blackpool, Wigan, Wolves

• Blackpool, Wigan, West Ham

• Blackpool, Wolves, West Ham

• Wigan, Wolves, West Ham

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Seriously, Blackburn & Wigan can clear off as they're awful. Would like Blackpool to stay up; don't mind out of Wolves/West Ham. Birmingham are safe.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any three out of Wolves, Birmingham, Blackburn, West Ham.

Wolves and Birmingham because they play dire football, Blackburn because they deserve it for their board's lolbad managerial decisions, and there's nothing left to like about West Ham.

I've actually softened on Birmingham since they beat Arsenal in the League Cup so I'll go for the other three.
It seems the Indian owners have really ****ed up at Blackburn Rovers. :laugh: Oh dear. They should stick to buying expensive IPL franchises.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
How so? The Indian owners were not playing on Monday night. And where are the Mike Ashley comparisons coming from? Blackburn were relegation material under Big Sam, it’s not like they just sacked a guy after he won a local derby 5-1 and they have sold the naming rights to Ewood Park to Chicken Meat Processing Limited.

If they go down, the people who should be held primarily responsible are the players.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the golden rule for any foreign owner of an EPL club is not to make too many changes too soon, and leave the day-to-day running of the club to a competent manager. Now, I dislike Allardyce's football as much as the next guy but his replacement didn't even have any managerial experience IIRC.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
He didn’t but he was an Allardyce appointment who was familiar with the side and wasn’t coming in from the cold. As a stop gap solution it made sense though a long-term decision regarding Kean should have been made after the season finished.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Allardyce was punted at least partially because the football played by his teams is perceived to be unattractive. Presumably Kean went in with a brief to start playing a more attractive brand of football, but you can't just take a team built around players like Roberts, Benjani, Samba and Nelsen and turn them into Barcelona. The team was set up to play a certain way, and having owners that want to actively interfere with that in the short term was always going to be a recipe for disaster.

If we manage to somehow survive this year we may, MAY be ok I guess. But we're still being coached by someone with next to no experience, so I think it's hardly a given.

cpr

International Coach
In fairness, 3 points off 6th was probably still in a relegation battle at that point, its been crazily close all year.

But point stands, Fat Sam had a system, it was working to an extent, the change hasn't been for the better. If it wasnt for Robinson having a good season it could be a lot worse for Blackburn.

TT Boy mentions Kean being a stop gap solution.A stop gap is to plug a hole for a short while whilst the next guy comes in.... Its been over half a season. That suggests no long term strategy before they sacked Sam, which begs why sack him when he's not exactly been disastrous.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blackpool have been great for the Premier League so I want them to stay up

For some reason I can't explain like Brumbers I have a soft spot for the Irons - must have something to do with the fact that there was a time when they were the only club who tried to play the beautiful game, as opposed to the functional one

And I also like the idea of Wigan in the top flight - only reason is that when I were a nipper Wigan Athletic were strictly non-league, so their presence should keep on inspiring the likes of Crawley - ambition should never be stifled

So that I am afraid means bye bye Blackburn, Wolves and Brumingham

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sacking Allardyce was a dreadful decision, don't think many people would disagree with the notion that there is no way they would have been dragged so deep into the relegation mire had he still been at the helm.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
No, they weren't. He was sacked when they were 3 points off 6th spot.
Fulham are currently 9th and going into last night’s game they were still apparently in a relegation battle. As cpr said, it has been a ridiculous tight from the top places down all season. Even at this stage, a good finish from Rovers could see them end up in the top half of the table.

cpr

International Coach
If it was my sister that would be a guaranteed vote winner

To go down

Wigan - Like one of their townsfolk on an 18-30 holiday, they are a little nobody who's spent too long in the sun and now look like a lobster, they've drunk too much and are now starting to make a tit of themselves. Now its time to quietly **** off back to the non-entity that is their normal lives.....

Wolves - Dear me, if theres one thing more monotonous and boring that Mick McCarthy's whinging voice, its his teams football

Blackburn - Much as I hate the baby-eater that is Fat Sam, it would be so funny to watch Blackburn go down, because
A) They've been shocking
B) Their chairmen make Mike Ashley seem rational
C) They've been shocking
D) I've never forgiven them for 1995
E) They've been shocking
F) All of the above
G) LOL

Called it TBH :ph34r: