• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 15 2011

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
SBW is such a beast of a player - 17 stone, quick, amazing skills and he's learning

Undoubtedly has the potential to be one of the best ever
Williams gets all the credit but his partner in crime isn't too bad as well, Robbie Fruean. He is another brick ****house. The two of them had over 15kg each on the Sharks centre pairing yesterday and were heavier by 10kg+ than the Sharks loose forward, Keegan Daniel. It was only Willem Alberts, who tips the scales at 120kg (:-O) who could match up to the Saders physicality.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Might be being a bit harsh on the Blues given they've made an excellent beginning to the season, though I can't disagree too much about your comments about the Canes and Tahs. Didn't see the Reds match though I also like watching rugby during the day, particularly in the sun. Sounded like another pretty comprehensive victory for the Reds.
Nice sight in NZ but it’s a wee bit dangerous in Aus. Remember seeing the Reds in a Super 14 day game at Suncorp circa Feb/early March and it was so hot, the game was reduced to walking pace by the 30th minute, the players were completely gone.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Williams gets all the credit but his partner in crime isn't too bad as well, Robbie Fruean. He is another brick ****house.
Too right. Robbie Fruean looks like he could be an exceptional player. Can't believe Wellington let him slip through their fingers.

ripper868

International Coach
Nice sight in NZ but it’s a wee bit dangerous in Aus. Remember seeing the Reds in a Super 14 day game at Suncorp circa Feb/early March and it was so hot, the game was reduced to walking pace by the 30th minute, the players were completely gone.
Yarp it gets cooking inside suncorp when the sun comes out, was alright on saturday just gone and will be really nice for the saders in may, but scheduling day games in feb/early march in brisbane is just stupid...the players dropped about 5-6 kegs each in this years match v the force.

HeathDavisSpeed

Week Seven Fixtures:

Highlanders vs Brumbies
Waratahs vs Chiefs
Blues vs Cheetahs
Hurricanes vs Bulls
Force vs Rebels
Lions vs Reds
Sharks vs Stormers

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Week Seven Fixtures:
Highlanders vs Brumbies
Waratahs vs Chiefs
Blues vs Cheetahs
Hurricanes vs Bulls
Force vs Rebels
Lions vs Reds
Sharks vs Stormers

Athlai

Not Terrible
Highlanders vs Brumbies
Waratahs vs Chiefs
Blues vs Cheetahs
Hurricanes vs Bulls
Force vs Rebels
Lions vs Reds
Sharks vs Stormers

Backing Hurricanes to pull a Hurricanes. Losers to world beaters in a week before heading back again.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Highlanders vs Brumbies
Waratahs vs Chiefs
Blues vs Cheetahs
Hurricanes vs Bulls
Force vs Rebels
Lions vs Reds
Sharks vs Stormers

Backing Hurricanes to pull a Hurricanes. Losers to world beaters in a week before heading back again.
Yeah I struggled with the hurricanes game. The Bulls are no great shakes. And the Hurricanes are at home. I just think they are lost at 1st 5 at the moment. I will read the paper this week and if Cruden gets the start I may change my tip.

The Warraths should get up over the chiefs - but I backed the chiefs out of loyalty. I think the Chiefs will miss Donald (how long is he out for).

Bring back Callum Bruce:ph34r:

HeathDavisSpeed

I think the Chiefs will miss Donald (how long is he out for).

Bring back Callum Bruce:ph34r:
Two damning inditements of the Chiefs there. I rate Mike Delany quite highly, but he certainly had a shocker against the Blues. He's still better as a first-five option than Callum Bruce, mind. Delany is usually such a consistant, reliable player. Not sure where last week's performance came from. Reckon he'll step up a bit more for this match.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Apparently Adam Ashley-Cooper's set to leave the Brumbies and join the Waratahs next year - just because the Tahs haven't enough of Australia's first choice backline already. With the Brumbies struggling this year, Giteau leaving and now AAC off to the Tahs, I certainly don't fancy their chances for next year, and indeed would be surprised if they got close to making the top six this year.

Rugby: Ashley-Cooper leaving Brumbies - Rugby - NZ Herald News

ripper868

International Coach
Obviously NSW & QLD are the heartlands of both codes (more populous than the rest of the country put together too) but the Lions usually play a WA XV too when they tour (and haven't been to Oz since the Reds joined the Super 14 as was), so there must be some interest over there at least.

Could totally see why the travel to Perth/Freo might put off eastern teams tho, What sort of crowds do the club comps in Sydney/Bris get?
The Crowds are pretty pultry tbh, You might get 500 on a good day, but even then that mostly consists of the grades who played beforehand and their families. The Brisbane Premier GF attracted about 6000 last year at Ballymore.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Had Jason Rutledge in my fantasy rugby team for the first five weeks of the competition and I subbed him out with the Highlanders having a bye last week. Didn't resub him back into my side for this round and hes now scored two tries in the first half against the Brumbies - damn!

archie mac

International Coach
Turned on to Brumbies. It was half time, and one of the commentators was talking about how the Highlandersneeded to improve this and that and I thought beauty The Brumbies are winning.

Then they put the score up 15-7 to the Highlanders? No wonder I struggle to follow this game:laugh:

Quaggas

State Captain
Sorry been away, so I get 0 for the Highlanders-Brumbies match or Home Team?

Week Seven Fixtures:

(Highlanders vs Brumbies)

Waratahs vs Chiefs
Blues vs Cheetahs
Hurricanes vs Bulls
Force vs Rebels
Lions vs Reds
Sharks vs Stormers