• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2011 Season thread

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
New year, new thread.

What's everybody holding out for this year? I wanna see how Inglis goes with us, and whether he'll make us a lethal weapon or whether he'll be a liability. He'll probably be the latter, but I'm hoping that he'll win us a few games on his own.

Now, predictions....

Premiers: St George
Minor Premiers: St George
Wooden Spoon: Manly (yeah it's far fetched, but I just don't see them doing much without a halfback)
Surprise Packets: Canberra (particularly since the Orford signing)

More to come when I cbf.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Interesting to see how much of an impact Hodges makes on his return. The year out could add a few extra years to his career or could finish him.

ripper868

International Coach
Premiers: Brisbane
Minor Prems: Brisbane
Spoon: Cowgirls (Thurston and Johnson to get long term injuries in trial games)
Surprise Packet - Sharks make 8

Scandal - 2 a month, minimun one glassing for the year, one maybe two *** scandals and about 10 pissing in publics. One trafficing/supplying of narcotics as well - Sharks imo.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Prems - Roosters (Panthers)
Minor Prems - Storm (Panthers)
Spoon - Parra
Surprise packets - Cowgirls and Sharks to challenge for the 8 with one of the two making it. St George to scrape into the 8 and leave quietly. Benchy to come out of the closet as a Bulldogs fan.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Just on Souths, I don't think Inglis will be a silver bullet for them. Their problem last year wasn't firepower. It was application in defense, inconsistency in key positions (or in the case of the Wesser just plain rubbish) and injuries. Until Sutton and Sandow perform consistently I don't see Inglis carrying them to silverware them any more than Taylor and Burgess did last year. They'll really want Luke to remain healthy all year too. Gun player.

That said if Sutton and Sandow become consistently good they'll win the comp.

morgieb

Well probably not, but the reason why we failed to make the 8 was because 1. a **** load of injuries at the wrong time and 2. we lacked that extra something to win the close games. With Inglis, the 2nd will probably happen. Just look at how good he is in the big games. :dry:

But yeah, Sutton and Sandow will need to become more consistent for us to win, although Luke effectively plays as a half anyway so with a gun season from him we'll do very well.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Well probably not, but the reason why we failed to make the 8 was because 1. a **** load of injuries at the wrong time and 2. we lacked that extra something to win the close games. With Inglis, the 2nd will probably happen. Just look at how good he is in the big games. :dry:

But yeah, Sutton and Sandow will need to become more consistent for us to win, although Luke effectively plays as a half anyway so with a gun season from him we'll do very well.
Injuries were rough on you, but really your defense was not good enough alot of the time. The Tigers game at homebush was an example of a close game that was lost due to a lack of defensive application. The game at CUA was a truly pathetic performance even if we were on fire that night. You won't win a comp without tightening that up.

Luke, while an excellent creative outlet is not a replacement for a halfback by any stretch. Still don't rate Sandow, though I reckon Sutton could have a huge year. Be very surprised if you don't make the 8 after all that though.

Burgey

The problem with Souths this year, as with every other year, is they dominate every RL story between mid-October to early March, then no one hears about them when the season actually starts.

Julian87

State Captain
Listing Wesser as a key problem and saying Inglis won't remedy that is odd. He should be fullback for Souths.