• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2011 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Could be a host of reasons why they say they don't want him. They may think Gower won't be worth what he will be asking. They could be looking to save cap space to make a play at a big name in the off season (though from memory Chris Sandow is the biggest name half to come off contract this year :laugh:). They could be REALLY confident that Mortimer will turn into an NRL standard player. Or maybe they think the Collector won't be able to stock enough booze for the guy. Last but not least, they could be lying.

Craig

World Traveller
The word out there is Adam Blair will go to Wests Tigers on a three year deal worth $1.5m :blink: Craig Bellamy expects him to be going, and TBH I would be surprised that he will stay at Melbourne when he has been offered such crazy money, and I'm surprised that the Tigers have cap space, given that Chris Lawrence recently re-signed for more then $300k a year. I doubt they would be rorting the cap (or least hope not) as it would be a massive leg up for the AFL.

But seriously, Adam Blair, $500k a year, WTF?

In other news, it looks like on Monday it will be announced that Nathan Friend has signed for the Warriors.

howardj

International Coach
My Red Hill operatives have confirmed that Bennett will not be back at the Broncos.

Also some mutterings that Griffin has been appointed for a further two years!

Why sign him to such a deal? He's hardly in demand.

Let this year play out, and then make an informed call.

Thought they would have learnt that lesson after re-signing Ivan.

Craig

World Traveller
And they get Darius Boyd as well (who has said he will go where ever Bennett goes). I also read in RLW that the Bulldogs have offered some bog dollars at England captain James Graham, how much thruth is in this, BB?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Souths and the Cowboys still a chance maybe. You'd favour Newcastle to pick him up though.

Burgey

This Warriors-Roosters match is rivaling last year's Sharks-Eels drop-fest for a turgid exhibition of rugby league.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And they get Darius Boyd as well (who has said he will go where ever Bennett goes). I also read in RLW that the Bulldogs have offered some bog dollars at England captain James Graham, how much thruth is in this, BB?
It's the first I'd heard of it, tbh. Stedly would be more in the know than me, I'd guess.

Good go forward in the boy tho; lots of grunt. Would be an asset to anyone.

Craig

World Traveller
Haha Matt Orford, you can **** back to play in England again, you ****. I'll be shocked if he isn't dropped soon.

WAC.

Howsie

International Captain
Orford's playing awfully bad at the moment but you can say the same for most of the players on that Raiders team. Shillington, Harrsion, they all need a rocket.

Craig

World Traveller
The best thing about Orford leaving Melbourne was that Cooper Cronk got his chance and has since played Origin and for Australia, something Orford couldn't do even when NSW changed their halves every three seconds (story of Benchy's life IIRC).

Burgey

Fmd. What **** start. Who are half these ****s playing for Parra?

As dire as North Melbourne FFS.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fmd. What **** start. Who are half these ****s playing for Parra?

As dire as North Melbourne FFS.
Parra are almost as bad as the weather

Storm arent doing anything fancy but the other guys cant tackle, secure ball, etc

Burgey

Parra are almost as bad as the weather

Storm arent doing anything fancy but the other guys cant tackle, secure ball, etc
So ******** they can't even fall on the ball. Stupid old window licker behind me here at the club says "It's raining. Parra always win in the wet".

Yeah, when you're having a tug in the shower, old mate.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So ******** they can't even fall on the ball. Stupid old window licker behind me here at the club says "It's raining. Parra always win in the wet".

Yeah, when you're having a tug in the shower, old mate.
Well, they're really ****ed now as the sun is out :laugh:

Burgey

Haha.. It's Melbourne though. Will be raining again in 10.

Ten tries, not minutes :-(