• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2011 Season thread

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Irrelevant. Choosing not to play a crucial match. Must be a ***** though right?

Barring the fact that doctors have advised him that he needs 6 weeks rest of course and he played on injured and won his team the match last week.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Barring the fact that doctors have advised him that he needs 6 weeks rest of course and he played on injured and won his team the match last week.
Yes, barring that.

Gambhir is a *****. I thought this had been established in Cricket Chat beyond all argument.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Son Of Coco

I've been blind in an eye since birth and its given me great pleasure...don't know what Locky is worried about.

howardj

International Coach
C'mon Broncos! I'd rather we lose the GFinal than lose tonight. At least, even in a losing GF, you get to experience the build up and the fun of the big day and the game. By contrast, a preliminary final loss...you get nothing.

Without Lockyer tonight, we've got to get our edge from somewhere else, perhaps attitude. Like an attitude of 'today is a good day to die. I am happy to die today in pursuit of a win'.

I hope I am dead wrong, but I think tonight could be a scary window into our future life without Lockyer.

Mister Wright

I just hope the permanent plan isn't to go with Gillett at 5/8 next year. Good thing Hunt is on the bench. I have a feeling when he comes on it could be a positional change with Gillett back to the 2nd row and Hunt in the halves. Gillett will be on in the early stages to keep the defence tight.

howardj

International Coach
Yep, Gillett a temporary stop-gap for tonight - Hunt (hope not Norman) next year.

I really rate Gillett (not as a 5/8th) as a forward/utility.

Will play Origin off the bench within the next couple of years.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Gillett is totally gun. Fantastic offload.

Hate games like this. Can't cheer for anyone here :@

Son Of Coco

Moral quandary: If you had to choose between Many winning tonight, or the Broncos winning but Hodges getting belted into next week, which would you go for?

I find it too hard to choose personally.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Moral quandary: If you had to choose between Many winning tonight, or the Broncos winning but Hodges getting belted into next week, which would you go for?

I find it too hard to choose personally.
The latter, but not to be.

Neither Matai not Williams should be available for the GF, but if Shane Hayne referees they won't need them.