• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2011 Season thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Gee Scott Prince has been average this year. Playing like a bloke with a long contract who doesn't give a ****. Very few halfbacks in the comp I'd want less than him on his form this year.

Yes I picked the Titans, yes he was **** when the game was on the line, yes I'm annoyed. :@
Yeah he's been ordinary this year. Thought it was funny a couple of weeks back when journalists went into autopilot and whacked out articles suggesting he was hard done by not to make the team for Origin. Considering he hasn't done anything this year you can only assume they were stuck for a story.

Craig

World Traveller
Watching a replay of the 1993 SOO Game I on Fox Sports aws. It shows how far the game has come when you can see what would be a penalty in today's game, whereas nothing happens back in 1993.

Freddie playing centre (and was a Penrith player back then), Allan Langer having a head full of hair, and Big Mal's toe punts.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I watched the 94 Panthers/Steelers game on chooseday night football earlier in the week. What struck me was how much sloppier the play the balls were, and how much quicker the game was as a result. They were just chucking it between their legs while only half standing, and it was fine. The podantic play the ball rules really don't add anything to the game as a spectacle imo.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Tigers are a myth of a side. So much hype, so little performance.

They've beaten hardly anyone of note this year - beat Souths early doors and the Warriors before the latter got going. Aside from that, haven't beaten a side in the eight all year.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

They've beaten hardly anyone of note this year - beat Souths early doors and the Warriors before the latter got going. Aside from that, haven't beaten a side in the eight all year.
Still think they can come out the blocks to do something - that's what happened last year iirc.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NRL fixtures schedule is complete and utter rubbish. Tigers play have played Rabbits & Raiders twice already inside 11 rounds, yet they don't play the Eagles till round 21, Eels till round 24, and don't play the sharks until the last round of the regular season.

Re: Tigers, I expect they'll get better, know they aren't the only side, but they have had more than their fair share of injuries early on. They're at least winning some of the close games earlier on this season too, reckon they'll end up finishing fairly comfortably in the top 8.

howardj

International Coach

Is true what Gus said on Sunday...that sides and players believe they can hop on one leg until July, and then make a charge thereafter. And it's true - you can.