• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Arsenal Football Thread Season

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
"When Cesc is on the pitch, he tries to play football – I cannot say everybody who plays against him tries to do that. For example, some people reproach him for not exchanging shirts with a player after the game – but I hope he will not exchange shirts with players who try to kick him for 90 minutes and them come to say 'please can I get your shirt ....

I believe that it is wrong for Moyes to come out on what he pretends to have heard in the tunnel," Wenger said. "If I come out with what I have heard in the tunnel is the last 10 years, you would be amazed. I think there is a rule in our job to never come out with what is said in the heat of the moment. That usually is respected by everybody."

Arsene on fire today.

duffer

Oh and the Supporters Trust did a survey of shareholders and club members last season which apparently got circulated from the boardroom down to Gazidis and the coaching staff. Interesting read here

Seems no coincidence the Carling Cup is now a priority all of a sudden. People aren't buying into the dream anymore.

duffer

BBC Sport - Football - Angry Moyes hits back at Wenger in Fabregas row

David Moyes entering dodgy grounds by making these allegations tbh. To suggest Cesc accused the ref of taking bungs is pretty slanderous considering that there is nothing to substantiate it.
It's funny how he initially says Cesc said something to the officials and is now conveniently changed the story leaving all mention of them out. Yeah David, I'll believe the guys who've been consistent with what they've been saying all along.

I'm sure during his illustrious 19 years as a player or 13 as a manager he's never said or seen anything this offensive in a tunnel at all. Cheap Slur Alex rip off.

edit: Enjoy the relegation battle ****o.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah David, I'll believe the guys who I'm a fanboy of
Hmmm.

Seems absurd to me that Moyes has inexplicably made up something illegally slanderous so he could rant about it in an interview after the match when he has nothing to gain by doing so. If anything he's probably just taking some of Cesc's comments too seriously on purpose.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Hmmm.

Seems absurd to me that Moyes has inexplicably made up something illegally slanderous so he could rant about it in an interview after the match when he has nothing to gain by doing so. If anything he's probably just taking some of Cesc's comments too seriously on purpose.
If Moyes is telling the truth then why isn't Cesc up on an FA charge for bringing the game into disrepute? Why are the FA not interested in investigating what was said?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If Moyes is telling the truth then why isn't Cesc up on an FA charge for bringing the game into disrepute? Why are the FA not interested in investigating what was said?
Haha quite, fairly certain that had Cesc made these comments the ref probably would have reported it.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ref didn't include it in his report. That's not to say nothing happened, just that whatever it was, the ref didn't deem it worthy of a mention. Sounds to me like some throwaway remark that Moyes found unusually offensive but no one else cared much about.

duffer

Lol, if it was some throwaway remark then why did he decide to dedicate his entire post match presser against it. Coming from the guy who earlier this season chased a ref half way across the pitch for not giving his team enough added time to score a goal or a **** who continuously throw bottles screaming expletives when a decision goes against his team.

Furball makes way too much sense here.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hmmm, I've not listened to any of the match since the second Newcastle goal....but is it really a coincidence that all of their goals came after Djourou went off and Squillaci came on...? Really?

duffer

Diaby's done in England. Can't keep his head screwed on with all the tackles he's copped.

duffer

Dowd was disgraceful, but if you wanted to see why we haven't won a thing in 5 years, watch the second half.

Jarquis

Hmmm.

Not the first time a team would have made an unfounded allegation against Cesc. See Hull 2009.

CamWhite

Banned
Haha quite, fairly certain that had Cesc made these comments the ref probably would have reported it.
Negative

If he did write it in his report, whats the first question he's would get asked

Why didn't you send him off. Gets the ref in heaps of trouble

Theres no proof of fab saying it, but if he did, and the referees intentionally not done anything, then theres no way the refs writing it in his report

CamWhite

Banned
Ye your right, theres no reason why a referee wouldn't write down that he'd intentionally not done anything to an Arsenal player

If anything that would be the first thing in his report

Cesc accused me of taking a bribe to have decisions go against them...but I intentionally didnt do anything about it