• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Arsenal Football Thread Season

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eboue, Denilson and Koscielny worry me though. All have been poor and Squillaci has been ponderous.

Jarquis

Denilson's just generally poor.

1 cleansheet in 11 for the Kos-Squill partnership, dropping JD was the biggest gamble IMO but then again with his injury record and a big game on the weekend...

Chelsea could be 9 points behind United at the half way stage if things stay as they are. Jeez they've been horrific lately.

duffer

This team is full of wankers. The manager can **** right off with making 8 ****ing changes to the team that smashed Chelsea.

Jarquis

This team is full of wankers. The manager can **** right off with making 8 ****ing changes to the team that smashed Chelsea.
Nah, can see why changes were made. 8 is maybe too many but it's not like our depth is the same as Chelsea's all of them bar Denilson are full Internationals.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Even with the changes the team ought to have polished off Wigan easily enough. Irritating result, but at least it's not a defeat.

Craig

World Traveller
Is Denilson in possession of n00dz that Wenger would not want leaked to the The Sun, or the St

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Hmm, interesting. I've heard that we're not after Mertersacker after being told 100% no in the summer, though the rumours I've come across are that our sole January target is German but is 25. About the only players who meet the criteria are Podolski or Rene Adler. Weird.
Marcell Jansen.

He's 25, ****, and not a natural defender, so should fit into the Arsenal backline easily.

duffer

Anther setback for Vermaelen apparently. Think late February for a return. Please buy a defender. Please.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Something that struck me today, is the fact that the team is full of players who were considered good prospects several years ago, but since then they just haven't really progressed, or in some cases they have got worse. But Denilson, Bendtner and Vela really add nothing to the side. Granted Vela hasn't really been given much of a run I suppose, but the other two really ought to be putting in a shift by now. Denilson, WAC, don't need to go into detail about him. But Bendtner...what is it he is meant to do? He has no pace, no skill, crap touch, can't finish, too slow to play on the wing, too poor at scoring goals to play up front. With Chamakh in the squad (though granted he's not played well recently) I don't see the need for keeping him, as he's just a worse version. Hope he keeps up his transfer talk tbh, would gladly be shot of him unless he gets his arse in gear soon.

duffer

Arshavin and our defence are bigger concerns than our midfield and strikers still. The substituions were astonishing though. Just keep the bad players on and take the two good players off. Stunned by that second half.