• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Arsenal Football Thread Season

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Didn't think Clichy was going that badly at all tbh.

Excited for the game tonight. Campbell back is a MASSIVE boost for the Tangerines. Upset tempt.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
In the process of getting taken over, ITSTL.

Kroenke's first act as new owner should be handing Wenger his P45.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
DBAC.

If we ever sack Arsene we deserve everything we get. Pretty hard to overstate what he's done for the club. Victim of his own success. In my day, etc, etc

Worry with Silent Stan is how the deal is being financed. If it's leveraged we could be shafted a la Liverpool and ManUre.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Inclined to agree with Furball here. People talk about mid-table mediocrity, but ATM Arsenal are firmly ensconced in "Top 4 mediocrity" and you have to wonder whether that's good enough considering the expense of the stadium (which was supposed to propel them to the very top table) and the ticket prices they charge. If there's an ambitious, aggressive manager out there, it's probably worth a gamble.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Always played as Arsenal in PES 2-6 tbh.(at which point I stopped playing PS2)

At one point, 3-4 years ago, I was a reasonable 'supporter' of the club, emerging from a rivalry with friends over FPL. My lack of time and general cbfness means I only watched their Champ League games and occasional weekly game for the last year or so . Not close to as knowledgeable and fiercely passionate as most of you, mind.

Van Persie and Henry scoring in the last few minutes against MU to come back and win from 1-0 is one of the greatest sporting moments I've seen too.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
RIP Danny Fiszman

Never took a penny out of the club and moved mountains to get the Stadium move done and keep us at home. True Arsenal legend.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Footballologist Wayne Hayes said: "Arsene has always traded on his professorial, intellectual image and as a result, he's managing his team in an incomprehensibly awful way that has your Nick Hornby-style Arsenal fan saying it's brilliant for fear of sounding like a working class ****nut."
Daily Mash gets it spot on again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Have really got the hump with Clichy now, will reiterate the fact that I think he's utter dog. The guy is just so soporific. He litterally adds nothing to the team. His defensive positioning is dreadful, he doesn't make tackles, he cannot use his right foot. He cannot cross, pass or shoot. The guy has to go. People who say he adds something going forward are just wrong, that suggestion is a total fallacy. It seems that just getting high up the pitch makes you a "good attacking fullback" in the eyes of some people. Too bad when he gets there the other team may as well not mark him, as he's never going to beat anyone one on one and his range of passing/crossing is so poor that he'll inevitably cut back inside and lay the ball off about 5 yards to the nearest player, or lump a hopeless cross to the goalkeeper or something. Similarly whilst defending all he can do is jockey the opposing player until someone else tracks back to help him out, I can't remember the last time he has just cleaned house and made a tackle. Give Kieran Gibbs a go ffs.

Don't even get me started on the great Dane, because he's another useless bastard who we desperately need to get shut of. God knows why it is that a huge target man is brought on and then spends the majority of his time dropping deep and then moving out wide. This may make sense if he had a modicum of skill, but he doesn't, in fact he's probably the least technically gifted player in the entire side. Go away.

Also wtf has happened to Chamakh? Has he really fallen out of favour that he can't get a game? I appreciate his form went down the pan a bit, but he looked reasonable till around Christmas and hasn't been exactly dreadful since. Not sure what he has done to warrant being put behind the pecking order in favour of the above mentioned waste of space. Bah. Stupid.

Jarquis

Not willing to criticise Bendtner when he's continually played in a position he's totally unsuited too. He's shown in the past if he gets a run up front he scores goals. He's not a winger ffs.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Maybe so, his deployment is indeed questionable. But I maintain that he is crap in any case. It's a shame, because it seems he has the swagger that the rest of the team so badly lacks, but he has no killer instinct, no fire. That gilt edged chance against Barcelona that he squandered is a prime example of this, for everything good about him (which imo is not a lot), when it's crunch time, and the ball falls to him I'm finding myself thinking "oh christ I really hope he doesn't balls it up" rather than "yes, put it away". One gets the feeling that this is a feeling shared by the rest of the team as well.

Jarquis

Meh, think it's a testament to him that it's not a feeling shared by himself considering how mistreated he's been.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Maybe so, his deployment is indeed questionable. But I maintain that he is crap in any case. It's a shame, because it seems he has the swagger that the rest of the team so badly lacks, but he has no killer instinct, no fire. That gilt edged chance against Barcelona that he squandered is a prime example of this, for everything good about him (which imo is not a lot), when it's crunch time, and the ball falls to him I'm finding myself thinking "oh christ I really hope he doesn't balls it up" rather than "yes, put it away". One gets the feeling that this is a feeling shared by the rest of the team as well.
If the more gifted members of the Arsenal side had Bendtner's mentality, they'd be scooshing the league.