• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Arsenal Football Thread Season

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Chelsea having a spell now. A guy like Chamakh would be good, need another workhorse and defender for set pieces.

duffer

Heh, new thread, new Arsenal. Djourou was a man tonight. Best performance for a long time. **** yeah!

Jarquis

Heh, new thread, new Arsenal. Djourou was a man tonight. Best performance for a long time. **** yeah!
WAG.
Was at a family friend's for drinks, was checking on my phone. Yelled out when we went 1-0 up, small fist pump at 2-0 and then squealed with joy at 3-1.
Awkward 10 minute silence when they scored though, felt the same - we can't throw it away.

And we didn't. Get the **** in.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Djourou was really on the money last night, best I have ever seen him play. Also, how ****ing good is Alex Song? He's been playing really well for a while now, but it's got to the point where he really has got to be one of the first few names on the team sheet atm, was everywhere last night, WAG.

Jarquis

Song last season was awesome, early doors this season he seemed to think he could play the box to box Steven Gerrard role and it didn't work. From what I heard he was more disciplined in his role last night, I know he popped up and got a goal, but apparently he did his main job well; which is what we need.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
His presence in the midfield was just fantastic, there was one point where he was surrounded by three Chelsea players and just shrugged them all off and went off with the ball. Not only is his physicality incredibly valuable to the side, but his technique and ability whilst on the ball has come on leaps and bounds this year, which is pretty well evidenced by the amount of goals he has scored (and they've all been pretty tidy goals as well tbh). WAG, really can't understate his importance to the side for mine. The whole side seemed to play with a really fierce intensity yesterday though, exactly what was needed to overcome a pretty jaded Chelsea side. Also great that Theo burned past Cashley twice,both occasions resulting in goals, WAC.

duffer

Mertesacker being linked again? What say you guys? Yes please from my point of view. Need another centre back desperately and a guy like Mert would pummel you before letting him in front like Kos and Ivanovic the other night. We'd be almost good to go with another defender.

Jarquis

Hmm, interesting. I've heard that we're not after Mertersacker after being told 100% no in the summer, though the rumours I've come across are that our sole January target is German but is 25. About the only players who meet the criteria are Podolski or Rene Adler. Weird.

Besides, were you aware we have first refusal on Eden Hazard?

duffer

Aaron Hunt?

When did we get first option on Hazard? A coup if we did, might as well get his brother as well. Meant to be class too.

duffer

By the way, 8 ****ing changes from the best performance for a long long time? Wow, shambles and the performance so far reflects it.

Jarquis

Yeah, 8 changes is far too many. NFI what is going on with RVP though. Has been available for a month and played basically **** all yet gets rested completely.
Denilson pulling his "play like a **** ****" trick as well.

Not a pen but we've been ****.

Edit : Hunt's only 24 and NFI about Hazard, was first mentioned in the summer when he spoke about how he'd love to play for Arsenal under Wenger and then was brought up today in conversation with the aforementioned journo

Last edited:

duffer

Rosicky gets up and walks away leaving Thomas in a heap on the ground after a collision? It's like bizarro world this match.

duffer

My god, what a goal? He looked ****ing disinterested for weeks now but all of a sudden? Bloody hell man.

Jarquis

The most frustrating genius of a player ever. Hasn't tracked back, set pieces were awful and then does that. FMD.

duffer

Brilliant from Arshavin again and class finish from Nick. Turned that around quick.