• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Arsenal Football Thread Season

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Arsenal midfielder Denilson demands move after 'worst season' of his career | Mail Online

Denilson Demands Move From Arsenal!

Denilson yesterday said he wanted to leave Arsenal after the 'worst season' of his career.

The midfielder, 23, who is flying home to Brazil after Sunday's match with Fulham, blamed his frustration on the club's six-year trophy drought, saying: 'I am so upset. I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing.

A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on. This has been the worst season of my life.

'I made up my mind eight months ago. But I haven't said anything because I did not want to disrupt the team during the season.

'I've been to see Arsene Wenger and told him how I felt and he agreed to let me go. I know some people will think I'm crazy. They are right. It is a great club, with a great organisation, a great manager and so many talented players. I need a fresh challenge and although I'm taking a big gamble, I'm ready to take that risk.'

Wenger has vowed to fight to keep Cesc Fabregas after new stories in the Spanish press linked him to Barcelona.

Arsenal midfielder Denilson demands move after 'worst season' of his career | Mail Online

With Fabregas already coming out and criticising Wenger and not winning anything and now this there could be a pattern emerging.
Thank Christ for that.

**** off you useless fat oaf.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Players who have left Arsenal after the 2004/2005 season:

Patrick Vieira (Serie A - 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010; FA Cup - 2011)
Sol Campbell (FA Cup - 2008)
****ley **** (Premiership - 2010; FA Cup - 2007, 2009, 2010; Carling Cup - 2007)
Jose Antonio Reyes (La Liga - 2007; Portuguese League Cup - 2009; Europa League - 2010)
Thierry Henry (La Liga, Champions League, Copa Del Rey - 2009; La Liga, Club World Cup - 2010)
Flamini (Serie A - 2011)
Alex Hleb (La Liga, Champions League, Copa Del Rey - 2009; Carling Cup - 2011)
Gilberto (Greek League, Greek Cup - 2010)
Adebayor (Copa Del Rey - 2011)
Eduardo (Ukrainian League - 2011)

Trophies won by Arsenal between then and now: 0

duffer

What's the situation with Fabregas ?

He came out and criticised Wenger a couple of weeks ago and though Wenger is now saying that he will fight to keep him ,i guess it all depends on how interested Barca are in signing him in the summer and whether they are going to pay near his price.
If Barca makes an offer he's gone. If Nasri doesn't sign an extension, he's gone. Same deal with Clichy. ****'s gonna hit the fan. The sadist in me is looking forward to it, at least it will end this Groundhog Day ******ry.

duffer

Denilson and Bendtner burning their bridges at the club. Have to offer Clichy and Nasri ridiculous money to stay. Cesc rumours about to start again. Stick with "The Project?"

Jarquis

Nasri wants Cesc's wages and the general consensus on twitter amongst 'those in the know' is that Barca will match the reported City offer of £50m for Cesc and he'll be off. :(

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I would be really surprised if Barca pay 50 million pounds for Cesc,tbh.

And Arsenal would probably be better off selling him too.
He wanted to go last summer in any case and since then seems to have his mind at Barca more than Arsenal.
And he is no Ronaldo either who when was asked by Sir Alex to stay for another season was very professional about it and had probably his best/2nd best season at United before he finally made his long awaited move.
While Fabregas has come out and openly criticised Wenger too,had a average season then went of to see that Grand Prix and posted about it etc...

Besides in Ramsey and Wilshere you have 2 top talents. May not be as overall players as Fabregas was ,but have serious potential.

Fabregas handed in a transfer request last season ,didn't he?
Reckon you should take 50 million certainly ,and may even have to accept lower if he forces for Barcelona.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Denilson and Bendtner burning their bridges at the club. Have to offer Clichy and Nasri ridiculous money to stay. Cesc rumours about to start again. Stick with "The Project?"
Denilson and Bendtner won't be big losses ,tbh.

Though it is the trend that must be worrying for Arsenal.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I would be really surprised if Barca pay 50 million pounds for Cesc,tbh.

And Arsenal would probably be better off selling him too.
He wanted to go last summer in any case and since then seems to have his mind at Barca more than Arsenal.
And he is no Ronaldo either who when was asked by Sir Alex to stay for another season was very professional about it and had probably his best/2nd best season at United before he finally made his long awaited move.
While Fabregas has come out and openly criticised Wenger too,had a average season then went of to see that Grand Prix and posted about it etc...

Besides in Ramsey and Wilshere you have 2 top talents. May not be as overall players as Fabregas was ,but have serious potential.

Fabregas handed in a transfer request last season ,didn't he?
Reckon you should take 50 million certainly ,and may even have to accept lower if he forces for Barcelona.
I'll wager that Barcelona won't pay more than €40m for Cesc.