• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Football Auction Draft

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Was thinking of starting a football draft ,depending on the interest.

Basically the same rules as marc's Cricket Auction draft with footballers.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/45379-auction-draft.html

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/cricket-chat/46655-auction-draft-ii-odi.html

Everyone is given a budget of 300 million and have to pick 13 players and then put trim them down to a final 11.

All time players who have played confedration football at the top division level are allowed.

Emails to be sent at BSAUCTIONDRAFT@GMAIL.COM

Who would be interested please mention here and also send in your E-mails with first round nominations ,Usernames confirming your participation.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ok giving it a last try.

Please everyone send in your nominations for round 1 with your CW username to BSAUCTIONDRAFT@GMAIL.COM by tuesday 7th december 2010.

If we get 8 participants or more we go ahead.

So far i have received round 1 nominations from-

1)Samuel Vimes
2)marc71178

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah, this. Got an essay due, cbf reading up on how previous auction drafts have been run or emailing picks.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

This is a example of how it works-

Suppose there are 4 participants-

schwuppe
PDG1978
Karloski
Rambo

Now for round 1 of the draft i receive nominations from these 4 of one player each which are as follows via E-mail @ bsauctiondraft@gmail.com-

schwuppe - Pele
PDG1978 - Maradona
Karloski - Maradona
Rambo - Anton Ferdinand

Now since Maradona is nominated twice i nominate cruyff instead.

And list the available players for round 1 as

Pele
Diego Maradona
Johann Cruyff
Anton Ferdinand

Now the bids i get from schwuppe are

Pele- 55 million
Maradona -34 million
Cruyff - 63 million
Anton Ferdinand - 2 million

the bids from PDG1978 are-

Pele- 57 million
Maradona -38million
Cruyff - 22 million
Anton Ferdinand - 3 million

the bids from Karloski are-

Pele- 23 million
Maradona -31million
Cruyff - 20 million
Anton Ferdinand - no bid

the bids received from Rambo are-

Pele- 52 million
Maradona -32million
Cruyff - 21 million
Anton Ferdinand - 4 million

In this case schwuppe gets Cruyff for 63 million and has 300 - 63= 237 million left to pick remaining 12 players out of which he has to select 10 eventually.

Then PDG1978 gets Pele for 57 million and has 300-57 =243 million left for the remaining 12 rounds.

Rambo then gets Maradona for 32 million and has 268 million left.

But since Karloski does not have a valid winning bid ,he gets Anton Ferdinand for the 3rd highest bid i.e 32 million.

Bear in mind though i do not disclose the winning amount for each player at any time or that how much each player has left.