• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia's 2022 World Cup Bid

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mohammmad bin Hamman is Qatari, not sure why we expected those Japan and Korea votes to come to us? Ah well move on. Good luck to Russia, they deserved a crack at it.

0RI0N

State 12th Man
England...
Last place lulz.

To quote Nelson Munz: " Ha Ha.
Would of loved Aus to get a crack at it though.

social

Tbh, I never expected Oz to win as we only have 20 million people and are in the wrong time zone

But no prizes for guessing what swung it Qatar's way

400,000 population wouldnt have done it

Nor would its' lack of footballing heritage, crap climate, amateurish team or the fact that it is a complete ****-hole

Literally only has one thing going for it - cash

Hopefully, this is the fatal blow that sees Sepp shamed in front of the sporting world because, other than that, I cant see one benefit

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully, this is the fatal blow that sees Sepp shamed in front of the sporting world because, other than that, I cant see one benefit

Can't see it, he's been as bent as anything for donkeys years and nothing has happened. As long as enough of the guys at the top of the trees in the FAs are making enough money, and they will, nothing will change.

Wouldn't be surprised if the 2022 one gets moved at a later date though once all the comittee members have had their backhanders, report comes out to say Qatar isn't fit to host and the USA steps in to host = commitee is happy and FIFA makes more money.

Pothas

USA is certainly a guaranteed money maker with none of the risks of Qatar, was suprised it did not get it.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Beginning to wonder if I will ever see a WC in England.

When does bidding start for 2026/2030? :ph34r:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Qatar...why? It's dry, it's 50 degrees, it's got no soccer pedigree whatsoever, and the idea to air-condition stadiums, while cool, hasn't been tested.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What a sham. Who would want to travel to Qatar? And isn't it really hard to get a Visa there?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just found the below on a friend's facebook wall.
I for one am delighted that the famously proud footballing nation Qatar is hosting the single greatest sporting event in the world, and I'm sure all 27 of them will enjoy it. Better yet, perhaps at the opening ceremony we will see them unveiling not only the Jules Rimet trophy but also unveiling their wives. Well done FIFA. You bloody bastards.
:laugh:

James

Cricket Web Owner
Waking up to this news this morning was like a bad dream and we now have Brazil followed by Russia, Qatar. Dear oh dear :( You really do have to question whether any of these countries will host a decent event.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hey, if Qatar ranked 113 get a free ride to a World Cup finals, then maybe India who are ranked 142 also stand a chance! :) Maybe we should put in a bid for 2030. :ph34r:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
2026 already China's TBH.
So timezones are not an issue then.

Anyway nothing to say that hasn't already been said. FIFA are the textbook case of absolute power corrupting absolutely. What a joke of a WC it's going to be.