• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bathurst

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Now I'm not a rev head, but this is one epic race. I've been around the track a few times when I've been up there (I mean who hasn't) and last year got to do a V8 superset hot lap so I have a for bit of respect for the way those blokes can drive.

Wasn't probably worth it's own thread until Coultard just provided that insane crash on lap one, but it was a childhood staple to watch this one race each year.

Anyone else watching it this year?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Using the laptop while it's on in the background. Didn't see the crash, hopefully on Youtube soon.

Burgey

Using the laptop while it's on in the background. Didn't see the crash, hopefully on Youtube soon.
Mate it will be on the news for certain.. Left rear tyre blew put at 277 kph on the fastest part of the track. Rolled about half a dozen times. Been a longtime since I've seen a single car prang that bad.

The in-kerb cameras actually caught the very moment it went sideways. So lucky to walk away.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Being beamed live to Middle East and I've just tuned in to find there's 25 laps to go - good start to the day

Johnners

Bit of a rev-head so I love it. Is one of the best weekends every year. Pretty clean race this year really, Fabian's huge stack aside.

Burgey

Yeah it was a clean race for the most part. Caused the leaders some fuel worries that there weren't more safety cars. Lowndes said on the radio this morning he had about half a lap's worth of juice left.

Mind you, we hear that a lot from the winners. Creates a bit of drama.

Loved the call on the ABC yesterday when Will Hagan was talking about the crash and said Coultard had been released from the medical centre - they'd kept him a while because "his blood pressure was a bit high". Haha, really?

Last edited:

Johnners

I always chuckle about the fuel thing. I swear they've tried to create a drama out of it everytime in the past 6 or so years, and not once can I remember a car not finishing due to running out of fuel.