• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

National Hockey League Thread

ripper868

International Coach
Bandwagoning for the Preds and Sens so much now. No idea how Ottawa got past the Rangers, Rangers blowing 2 goal leads twice in the last 2-3mins to then lose in OT on both occasions was gutting. The stat heading into game 6 was that Ottawa had led for a total of 12 minutes of Iice time, yet held the 3-2 series lead - crazy! (I'm a Rangers fan if thats not obvious yet).

Preds only one win away now from the SCF, with a home ice opportunity to clinch it. - the sub-plot between Johansen and Kesler this series has been great.

ripper868

International Coach
IIHF Gold medal match between Canada and Sweden get underway in about 2 hours - all live streamed on Youtube - just search for IIHF world champs. Russia just took Bronze, beating Finland.

Shady Slim

International Coach
B's are so so scary good.

Can't decide who I want least in the playoffs, Islanders or Penguins.
absolutely gutted that my boys won't be there in june.

people will, i guess, rightly, say we should fire hextall for his mangling of the trade deadline, but it does bear repeating that had we not gone 0-3-1 against NYI we would have been there - shooting ourselves in the dick against the islanders has been a common theme

ripper868

International Coach
Also first time missing playoffs in what, 16 years or something? But yeah you might be looking at rebuild territory very very shortly.

Some fun matchups in week 1, NYR (my team) v NJD should be nuts, we really need Shesterkin to turn into last seasons Shesterkin though.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Also first time missing playoffs in what, 16 years or something? But yeah you might be looking at rebuild territory very very shortly.

Some fun matchups in week 1, NYR (my team) v NJD should be nuts, we really need Shesterkin to turn into last seasons Shesterkin though.
tbf i don't think we need to be looking too hard into a rebuild - like this was the first year geno and crosby played every game together, and yet it's the first they don't make it to the dance floor! they both had incredible seasons - we just had nigh on league worst bottom six play and goaltending, and in the modern nhl you really can't get by with cold goalies. we fix those we're suddenly a cup contender again though we're cap strapped with some albatrosses from the deadline.

if shesterkin can play like he did against us from the playoffs (no disrespect to mika and krieder who i rate but igor carried you guys hard) u are always in with quite a shot, given that even as hot as the br00ns have been all you need is igor to stand on his head for four games and you can topple them!! in fact i'd say NYR are probably the best chance of knocking boston off in the entire east for that reason

Shady Slim

International Coach
This may shock you, but I've got NYR winning the whole thing in my bracket challenge. Think it'll be the Avs from the West.
you'd have to have the br00ns in front though it wouldn't surprise me if the rags got out and frankly i wouldn't mind it!! tbh aside from jake trouba i like a lot of your players, especially mika and kreider who deserve to win one.
All four games were great today. Nothing quite like the Stanley Cup.
that tweet by jon bois gets rolled out every year and it's right every year