• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

National Hockey League Thread

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Because there's bound to be some of you that enjoy it (hopefully) the NHL kicks off tomorrow with a brilliant line-up! I'm most looking forward to Philly (my 2nd team and hometown team) @ Pit. I actually think the Pens will win because Philly always takes a little while to get going but I'm not too worried. Philly look strong this year and I think they will take the cup over Chicago none-the-less. Thoughts? Comments? Let's get this thread rolling.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Big Pittsburgh fan here. Loved every minute of last season.
Except getting dumped by the Canadiens? My girlfriend HATED me those two weeks because I put $25 on the Canadiens in 7 and banked it against her... and she's a huge Pens fan.

Oh well. COME ON EDMONTON!!!

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Except getting dumped by the Canadiens? My girlfriend HATED me those two weeks because I put $25 on the Canadiens in 7 and banked it against her... and she's a huge Pens fan.

Yeah that was awful to watch. Can't believe how poor we were in those games.

Hoping for a better season than last year for the Oilers then :ph34r:

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Hoping for a better season than last year for the Oilers then :ph34r:
Well we won't be good this year no but they made all the right moves in the off-season and the team is going to develop well. I think it's gonna be a productive year for the team on the grounds that it will solidify them for a possible cup run in 2-3 years time. General Management knows what it is doing up there. Last season the team was brilliant on paper but when every starting defenseman found a home on the injury list 15 games in, including some of the key fowards (Ales Hemsky to be exact) and the leading goaltender then the team will suffer yes. So, it's going to be a better year but not a winning one no. Getting rid of Souray was the right move and they certainly have a lot of room to experiment because, to be honest, they've got the best farm system in the NHL right now and a lot of young talent down there in the Oil Kings. They've got a lot of pieces set for the future to paraphrase and they will be a HUGE force in the West a couple of years from now.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Surprisingly the Oilers are 2-0 and the highly (over) rated Penguins are 0-2. I really think that team will be lucky to even make it to the Eastern Conference Finals this year, let alone win the division.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
LOL...i missed on being in Pens fans faces after yet another loss to the Habs!!!

GO HABS GO! Home opener as i am typing....ready to own Tampa Bay

Faisal1985

Thank God i have another Canadian supporter on CW....

Faisal1985

Surprisingly the Oilers are 2-0 and the highly (over) rated Penguins are 0-2. I really think that team will be lucky to even make it to the Eastern Conference Finals this year, let alone win the division.
This........ big time over rated is Crosby....Gill owns him every time he plays us...

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
This........ big time over rated is Crosby....Gill owns him every time he plays us...
I think it's just more so that there is a glaring gap on the blue line for Pittsburgh. Poor performance from Edmonton tonight against Minnesota and the same for Philly's goaltending against Tampa.

Faisal1985

I think it's just more so that there is a glaring gap on the blue line for Pittsburgh. Poor performance from Edmonton tonight against Minnesota and the same for Philly's goaltending against Tampa.
lol....Leafs were all over them the other night....not a good start for the new arena....

Faisal1985

I am simply loving the Habs progress. They are carrying on from where they left off.

Subban was a great find. Carey Price despite being booed by the MTL fans is proving them wrong, Pleck is playing amazing...

Hoping for another exciting season.