• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NHL Fantasy Hockey 2010-2011

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Yeah so this is a just wondering (I don't think I'm gonna pull many people if any at all) but would anyone like in a fantasy hockey league for the upcoming NHL season. If yes then I need an e-mail address to send the invite to (Pm me) The league will use 15 stats

Skaters:

Goals
Assists
+/-
Power Play Goals
Game Winning Goals
Penalty In Minutes
Shots On Goal
Average Time on the Ice
Hits
Blocked Shots

Goalies:

Wins
Shutouts
Saves
Goals Against Average
Save Percentage

Draft is September 28th, 2010 @ 10 PM Eastern Standard Time

Draft is a Live Draft, players not there will auto-draft.

Anything else you want know about the league just reply and I'll answer it.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Just as a general statement to anyone interested, if you need help or practice in drafting then we will be doing live drafts on:

Monday, September 20th @ 9:30 PM EST
Tuesday, September 21st @ 9:30 PM EST
Monday, September 27th @ 9:30 PM EST

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
GMT +5 so

Draft would be Wednesday, September 29th @ 3 AM.

Practice drafts would be:

Tuesday, September 21st @ 2:30 AM
Wednesday, September 22nd @ 2:30 AM
Tuesday, September 28th @ 2:30 AM

If this is too late I can see if I can bump the draft to maybe a 9 or 10 PM GMT start (would be 4-5 PM over here) but then we run the risk of having the 8 college kids already signed up running into class time so I can see what I can do if you need me to. Let me know.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
****, thinking a bloke is from England is the biggest insult. Not sure how I can recover from this.
Ha ha ha ha I apologize. I don't understand the hate really (prolly cause I'm a Yank). I understand the rivalry but if it's commonwealth I'm pretty cool with it. Anyway be online at the time of the draft on the League's page on ESPN. PM me your e-mail address and I will send a league invite to it. Accept it and customize your team how you want. Draft will be randomized in order and then snake. Everything will be on the site really (I will update it accordingly to what information needs to be posted). Good luck and thanks for joining. If you want to get me back for possibly assuming you're a Brit (although I did say firstly that I assumed you were from Australia) then you're more than welcome to kick my ass in the league standings.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I have to work so will miss the draft how does auto drafting work. .also who are these college kids are they your buddies?

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
Yes they are college buddies. Auto-Draft works by picking the highest ranked player available at that time for you when it is your turn to draft in that round. Example: If you get the 7th pick in the draft out of 10 people in the draft then you will pick 7th and 14th <--- your round 2 pick. Assuming the first 6 players all pick the players ranked 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 according to their draft order you will pick whoever is ranked 7th overall according to ESPN. Example 2: There are 10 people in the draft and you pick 3rd overall. If the 1st person picks the 1st ranked player and then the 2nd person picks the player ranked 5th by ESPN then you will pick the player ranked 2nd according to ESPN since they are the highest ranked player available at that time. Normally this will give you decent opening players but is complete **** in the later rounds, so be prepared to swap a couple of players for free agents, which there will probably still be a wealth of talents for Forwards left there but Defense and ESPECIALLY Goalies runs dries real quick.

I need your e-mails to send you invites. You can give me it by PMing or messaging me here or if you must, I will risk my e-mail being up here by stating that you can privately e-mail me from the address you want the invite sent to so I can record it. My e-mail is spudsy2061[at]gmail[dot]com.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Spudsy - I can't participate in the draft and I will come last if I go with auto drafting so I will pull out as well.

Can we play some other sort of tipping competition that you can think of - just one where we can passively make some choices in non real time and submit them.

Spudsy2061

U19 Cricketer
@Spudsy - I can't participate in the draft and I will come last if I go with auto drafting so I will pull out as well.

Can we play some other sort of tipping competition that you can think of - just one where we can passively make some choices in non real time and submit them.
I have no idea how tipping works and now that I am running this league and the cricket league I have been running for the past month by hand, I'm afraid I am going to have to pass on this one.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Fair call Spudsy. If I get some time I will post a competition. I am not sure how many takers we will get as there are only like 5 or 6 NHL fans on this forum.