• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

Shady Slim

International Coach
Yeah I’d have expected going for it to be more common. The win chances are very similar so why wouldn’t you try to avoid overtime in week 13 with half your roster already injured?

OTOH I’m not sure it was the right play call. The consensus seems to be that because it almost worked it was a good call, but that's just a slightly different flavour of results-oriented thinking. I know nothing about their playbook but with one of the best running QBs around I struggle to believe that their percentage option for gaining 2 yards is having an off-form Lamar try to pass through TJ Watt.
yeah i was absolutely relieved when i saw them passing on the 2PT try given the form or lack thereof of lamar rn; i think a tight end leak was a clever play design though you'd think given lamar's unique running ability you could surely design some sort of running trickery using him to guarantee two yards... though i can't complain that they didn't!!

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I mean it's always a balance between doing what they're best at and being predictable. But if they're going for something off-kilter the first priority should probably be to take Watt out of the game.

I mean don't hate it, just surprised at how little focus it got relative to the much less interesting 2pt decision.

Number 11

State 12th Man
Mandrews completely unblocked, play was one 1 DPOY away from working. We coulda tried some type of QB run, maybe like a counter or something. Steelers were clued in for that tho with a stacked box and Watt spying Lamar.

Shady Slim

International Coach
who would have thought the greatest player in the league in 2021 would be 4th quarter ben in the latter half of the season

**** me it's the hope that gets you

Uppercut

Bit frustrated with the Bills because we really could have used Tampa dropping this one. Punting the ball back to Brady on 4th&4 in OT is just giving up.

Imagine being a Bears fan. I was only cheering them on for one game and it's ruined my day.

Rams tonight and for no good reason I'm absolutely convinced we'll lose.

Uppercut

****ing Rams.

Playing much worse at home is now a clear pattern. We’re 3-3 with two of the wins by one score. The Vikings would have beaten us but missed a short last second field goal. Whereas we’ve won all 7 away games by 10+ points. Do we want a home playoff?

Uppercut

Ravens a bit unfortunate in a CW derby, that phantom DPI call on third down was a killer. Not even close with the 2pt conversion this time, but Rodgers probably gets GB a field goal anyway.

Huntley played a better game than Lamar had in a couple of months. Really quite impressive how well they’re holding up with all the injuries.

Number 11

State 12th Man
Ravens a bit unfortunate in a CW derby, that phantom DPI call on third down was a killer. Not even close with the 2pt conversion this time, but Rodgers probably gets GB a field goal anyway.

Huntley played a better game than Lamar had in a couple of months. Really quite impressive how well they’re holding up with all the injuries.
So depressing to think what this team could've been without so many injuries. They played well in large part and Huntley certainly isn't bad.

I still don't have a problem with the choice to go for 2 but that play call was pretty bad IMO.. We run counters, screens and slants to the right so often on short yardage plays (and even other important 2-pt conversions :disgust: ) and they are mostly to Andrews. To think the Packers wouldn't be prepared for that call seems crazy to me.

Uppercut

I appreciate no one mentioning the Cardinals, let's just pretend we had a bye week.

NFL is more like Pokemon than I thought it was, bird teams are weak against cat teams. Getting blown out by the Lions and Panthers in a 10-4 season doesn't make sense any other way.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Last night was an absolute shambles and it is now officially Happening Again. But this one play was too good.