• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Packers draft was interesting, went into it expecting to get WRs and ILBs and instead got a future franchise QB, a big brute of a RB, a receiving TE (to go with the one we drafted last year), finally a ILB, then a load of OL lottery picks, a safety who won't play and a DE who won't play.

Think we're giving some of the WR depth one last shot this year - the likes of MVS, Kumerow and St. Brown and if they still don't deliver, we'll be going big on WR next season.
Kumerow

Shady Slim

International Coach
great win for the steelers in week one and hoping we can do it again against denver; ben shaking some early rust off to go three TDs no picks which, when compared to what we had to deal with last year at the most important position in sports was just brilliant. our defense doesn't have to be as good as it was last year to get identical if not better results, because we'll have an offense that can spell them and not give them short fields to contend with every drive

also abhorrent that the B1G has chosen to restart their season and use the players as a giant lab experiment as to how myocarditis and covid affects athletes rather than doing anything for athlete safety but entirely in the NCAA's behavioural patterns so i can't say i'm surprised

Shady Slim

International Coach
seems like the house of cards that was the nfl's covid plan is starting to fall down

who could have possibly seen this coming hey - i'm sure with the money at stake they'll try and soldier through as is the american way but it's risky business

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Washington having to call themselves the Washington Football Team is hilarious.

Hell of a comeback last night though, went to bed at half time thinking they had zero chance.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
It's soooo much better when the games are split evenly between the early and late slates. The usual 9-4 or 10-3 sucks ass. Leave it 7-6 please.

Uppercut

I finally got properly into NFL this year, which is great.

Unfortunately I happened to get into it in the only six-week period in history where the Cardinals played good and exciting football, and it's starting to dawn on me just how much of a mistake my unintentional choice of team was.

SillyCowCorner1

I finally got properly into NFL this year, which is great.

Unfortunately I happened to get into it in the only six-week period in history where the Cardinals played good and exciting football, and it's starting to dawn on me just how much of a mistake my unintentional choice of team was.
First of all, welcome to the world of NFL. It's great.

Cardinals had the ability to end up with more wins....but they ran out of steam in a few games.

NFC West is hot with LA and Seahawks.

Uppercut

First of all, welcome to the world of NFL. It's great.

Cardinals had the ability to end up with more wins....but they ran out of steam in a few games.

NFC West is hot with LA and Seahawks.
Yeah there are much worse teams but Cardinals are the most frustrating. Lots of talent but give away a crazy number of unnecessary penalties and make some inexplicable play calls.

SillyCowCorner1

Yeah there are much worse teams but Cardinals are the most frustrating. Lots of talent but give away a crazy number of unnecessary penalties and make some inexplicable play calls.
That is all in parcel of the game. Kyler was excellent. Did he need more weapons? Yah. Still a lot to learn for him. I think they come strong next season.

It's just that it is a good division they are in.

Uppercut

That is all in parcel of the game. Kyler was excellent. Did he need more weapons? Yah. Still a lot to learn for him. I think they come strong next season.

It's just that it is a good division they are in.
Sure but it's more a part of the Cardinals game than it is anyone else's. They led the league in penalties given away. They weren't smart ones to concede either. Lots of false starts, offsides, roughing the kicker, pass interference on receivers that were never getting anywhere near the ball.

Kyler is amazing. Part of the drop-off offensively was from him carrying an injury and making a lot fewer QB runs. Even then we ended up picking up the most yards on broken plays where he was forced to run anyway. The other thing was that oppositions started focusing their whole defense on stopping Hopkins, and the rest of the team couldn't take advantage.

I've not really been following long enough to know whether to be optimistic or not. But I'd guess that discipline and organisation would be easier to fix than a lack of talent, and it looks like they've recruited well up to now, so we'll see how it goes.

Uppercut

Ah my bad I just saw you'd posted "Bears are back".

That's a much better place to be. Packers are legit.