• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably poor scheduling to put the Parra Eels up against the Sea Hawks this year.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just watching the Superbowl and it's a pretty good game

Shame that they have so many breaks as it really does have an impact upon the quality of the spectacle

Mind you, I prefer the breaks to some of the players' antics e.g. player being $X million to tackle actually makes one and then proceeds to carry on like a pork-chop in front of a camera

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Just watching the Superbowl and it's a pretty good game

Shame that they have so many breaks as it really does have an impact upon the quality of the spectacle

Mind you, I prefer the breaks to some of the players' antics e.g. player being $X million to tackle actually makes one and then proceeds to carry on like a pork-chop in front of a camera
The breaks do spoil the game, I agree. It is a good game nonetheless. I'm enjoying it. Go the Broncos!

cpr

International Coach
Missed Coldplays performance as I thought there would be another 15 minutes before they came on, so I went for a turd.

No regrets.

BeeGee

International Captain
Broncos!! :D

Our defence is ****ing incredible. Our offence sucks.

Last edited:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Broncos!! :D

Our defence is ****ing incredible. Our offence sucks.
Defence almost always wins it in the big games.

Broncos did what was needed. It wasn't a particularly entertaining game but it was good nonetheless. Newton got sacked countless times but he'll be back.

Francis

State Vice-Captain
10 Greatest Quarterbacks Ever

10. Steve Young
9. Terry Bradshaw
8. Dan Marino
7. Roger Staubach
6. Brett Farve
5. Peyton Manning
4. John Elway
3. Johnny Unitas
2. Tom Brady
1. Joe Montana

10 Greatest Running Backs Ever

10. Marcus Allen
9. Gayle Sayers
8. LaDanian Lomlinson
7. Earl Campbell
6. Eric Dickerson
5. OJ Simpson
4. Emmit Smith
3. Barry Sanders
2. Walter Peyton
1. Jim Brown

5 Greatest Tight-Ends

5. Ozzy Newsome
4. Mike Ditka
3. John Mackey
2. Kellen Winslow Sr
1. Tony Gonzales

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, great kick in the circumstances, but Rodgers was the real MVP for me. Really came through under pressure, those few times were he was squeezed out of the pocket but then still completed a 20-30 yard pass on the run illustrate why he really is a true elite QB.

Would have been interesting if the Cowboys defence was a bit better though. If their coverage had been a bit tighter on a few key plays (especially early on, when they looked pretty nervous) things could have been a lot different.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Agree RE Rodgers, last play was incredible, just giving Crosby his props given how many missed fgs and pats there has been this season, 2 50+ yard kicks in 90 seconds is semi remarkable.

Last 3 games should certainly be entertaining at least, 4 great offenses, and none of the defenses are really anything special.