Premier League Tipping 2010/11
As the memories of the world cup begin recede our thoughts once again turn to the more prosaic charms of the English top flight which begins in a little over a fortnight. You don't have to go all the way to South Africa to see skillful foreigners embarrassing underperforming Englishmen you know.
Anyway, after the glittering success of last season's tipping comp won so memorably by biased indian I'm again running it in thread. Due to laziness and "if it ain't broke" the rules will be the same. For the benefit of the forgetful and any newcomers the are as follows:
1) 1 point per correct tip.
2) Bonus points will be awarded for the week's top tipper(s), but these will only be used to separate posters who're on the same number of actual tips. As we have midweek games up here weeks are deemed to run from Sat-Fri.
3) No editing of tips. At all. If you change your mind please quote your original tips in a new post. Avoids any potential skullbuggery and it's less easy to miss tips for me.
4) Non-submitters get the lowest score for the week for three weeks, then will be removed from comp.
5) Latecomers join on the lowest score minus one point.
6) Tips for postponed games will not be carried forward. So if you tip Man U to beat Wigan in Januray, it gets rained off and rearranged for April you'll need to tip again at the time of the rescheduled fixture. Less of a ball-ache for me, basically.
7) As we have three potential results & teams often play more than once a week please C&P the whole fixture and highlight your winner or write "draw" beside the fixture and highlight that.
Those week one fixtures as they currently stand:
Saturday, 14 August
Tottenham v Man City
Aston Villa v West Ham
Blackburn v Everton
Bolton v Fulham
Sunderland v Birmingham
Wigan v Blackpool
Wolverhampton v Stoke
Chelsea v West Brom
Sunday, 15 August
Liverpool v Arsenal
Monday, 16 August
Man Utd v Newcastle
All welcome, obv. The more the merrier. :)