• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unheralded sportsmen you were/are a fan of

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Carlos Valderrama

Andrei Medvedev

Greg Blewett

Hrishikesh Kanitkar (for a certain boundary in Dhaka :D :wub:)

Add your own.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I bet most followers of any sports team have favs who weren't perhaps of the first rank talent-wise. On that note I give you the immortal Perry Groves:

Best remembered for his uncompromising gingerness, having the first touch of a nervous virgin & for setting up both of Charlie Nicholas's goals in the 86/87 Littlewoods Cup win over Liverpool. Famously the first occasion when Ian Rush scored and Liverpool lost. :cool:

Majin

International Debutant

Paulo Wanchope is the greatest player to ever set foot on a football pitch and nothing anybody does is ever going to change that fact.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Jan Magnussen

Greatest forumla 3 driver ever and should have been a great formula 1 driver but for various reasons it never happened. Have followed his nomadic career ever since.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

Beppe Signori Might be my favourite footballer of all time due to Itallian football on channel 4.