• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Unheralded sportsmen you were/are a fan of

chalky

International Debutant

Joel Porter my favourite Aussie in the world Pollie legend now with Gold Coast Utd.

Can't believe he prefers the Gold Coast to Hartlepool though :-O

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!

The last of the wizards, before the sport became an unwatchable power-hitting affair.
:thumbup:

Great pick. Before my time, but I think I'd have loved watching him.

I do hope that's Miloslav Mecir, BTW.

Flyonthewall

U19 Captain
:thumbup: WAG. Keeping cack-handed wrist-spin and bonkers celebrations since 2004. Love him, wish he played for the West Indies TBH.

Ian Harvey for mine. (Not sure how to actually copy an image over to here, if a more competent moderator could edit one in it would be appreciated). Performed heroic deeds for Gloucestershire over a five-year period when I was a (very) young child. Always seemed to play at his best in Lord's finals as well, which made it even sweeter. Shame he never quite made the grade in ODIs for Oz, despite the occasional terrific performance.

cpr

International Coach

Paulo Wanchope is the greatest player to ever set foot on a football pitch and nothing anybody does is ever going to change that fact.
Was at his prem debut, for Derby at Old Trafford. Waltzed through our defence to slot home a beautiful goal :(

BoyBrumby

Englishman

Beppe Signori Might be my favourite footballer of all time due to Itallian football on channel 4.
Marvellously skillful player. A great eccentric too; apparently he took size 7 boots but wore 5s and soaked in the bath whilst wearing them so they were tight as the proverbial gnat's chuff.

cpr

International Coach

Best bowler in CC for the last decade imo :ph34r:

Biggest bowler in CC in the last decade ;)

My hero growing up, career blighted by injury and acting like a ****

Phsyically impossible to over-rate this guy

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Marvellously skillful player. A great eccentric too; apparently he took size 7 boots but wore 5s and soaked in the bath whilst wearing them so they were tight as the proverbial gnat's chuff.
Yep, gave him better control apparently.

His penalties were great as well.

L Trumper

State Regular

Beppe Signori Might be my favourite footballer of all time due to Itallian football on channel 4.
I don't think he is unheralded. Will be remembered for his penalties even if people don't remember his footballing genius. One step & kick with aplomb. Great player..