• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bandwagon Fan

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I think Zac put it best. In the end, you don't have to justify the team you support to any one. It's the team you are a fan of. End of. Disagreed with you regarding fan SS. So all the West Indians who followed Windies cricket in their 20 years of dominance weren't really fans?

Agent TBY

International Captain
I think Zac put it best. In the end, you don't have to justify the team you support to any one. It's the team you are a fan of. End of. Disagreed with you regarding fan SS. So all the West Indians who followed Windies cricket in their 20 years of dominance weren't really fans?
Wow, way to miss the point, ****.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I feel we should actively encourage participation in a blue ribbon thread such as that one.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
one of my first sport related memories, were in the 1994/1995 season, I saw Mark Overmars running down the left flank with an Ajax shirt and he had so much pace and ball control that the following years everytime we played football on the street and imagined being a great footballer I always was Mark Overmars....at the same time Ajax won the Champions League and the WC for Clubs (not really a big deal, but impressive when your 6)

since then always been an Ajax supporter

I guess I was destined to be a Feyenoord (their main rivals) supporter, as my dad supports them and my great grandad on my mothers side was Chairman of Feyenoord, he(and the players obv) got them promoted for the first time to the top divison of The Netherlands in 1925...

in a sense i'm a bandwagoner, but according to Goughys rules that doesn't count :p

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not really a bandwagoner myself, probably because I don't watch much soccer/basketball/gridion/whatever, and my league and Aussie Rules team I was born into (would I really jump on a Souffs bandwagon?! :p).

For me, bandwagoning is supporting a club when they win, and changing/stop supporting them when they start losing.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Bandwagon Jumper, have no allegiance to any particular team, like supporting players/team that perform well. Never spend my hard earned money on a team/player jersey. I watch whatever comes on Cable or whatever is free.

ripper868

International Coach
Only team (s) I follow with any great passion is Australia in pretty much anything tbh. Rugby, soccer, cricket, judo, hockey, shooting, darts, snooker, lawn bowls, boxing, greco-roman wrestling, skiing, manblading, whatever...love seeing Aussies win.

More recently the Reds in the Super 14 have found a place of importance to me, the way they played this year has won me over.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I reckon I'm a bit of a bandwagon jumper. Have followed the Richmond Tigers for the last 17 years :ph34r:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Define what you would consider a hardcore fan for starters. I think you have no definition and are just playing around for the hell of arguing with me. Can it.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Also regarding what is hardcore GIMH, it is very subjective. What you may consider hardcore, I may not consider.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Which is why I asked you why you considered yourself a hardcore fan.

A hardcore fan to me is someone who puts the team before anyone or anything, goes to pretty much every game etc

It's why I say I'm not a hardcore white anymore because once I had kids, I started missing games because I couldn't afford the trips away all the time, and sometimes I missed homes because I'd rather be with them, but really, by your definition of a hardcore fan, then nearly everyone who supports a footy team round these parts is 'hardcore'. But to me, teams have a small core of hardcore fans and you certainly aren't one for Barca.