• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Rugby

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone know where I can buy Indian rugby shirts? I will no longer wear any apparel not sanctioned by the Indian Rugby Association.

This is the greatest thing I've ever heard.
Out of interest, why is it so amusing? Given the size of the country, its links to the UK, its stong military, large and important sports clubs and private school system I cant imagine that there isnt a decent core. Certainly not as bizarre as Philippines Rugby IMO

Here are a few articles on the topic

Rugby Development in India: An Interview with Greg Davey
Coach wants 100 000 players in India

and quite possibly the worse headline pun

Indian rugby star is our 'Scrum-dog Millionaire' | Gloucestershire Echo, The Newspaper | Find Articles at BNET

BTW, if you find an Indian Rugby shirt let me know. I may just buy one :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Haha you need to live in India. Indian Rugby is the funniest, most awesome thing of all time. It's like kabbadi with a ball.

My new dream: go back to India and start a RUGBY CLUB! I don't even know the rules of Rugby but the Indian Rugby team is now my favorite team and favorite sport of all time.

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Little known fact but the highly acclaimed and respected Bollywood and Independent Film Actor, Rahul Bose represents India in Rugby and for a while was the captain of the Indian Rugby Team.
Rahul Bose has done his best to promote Rugby ,but it has not been enough to get too much focus on it.

Besides we have short heighted not hugely built people like him all around in the rugby team.,No wonder we struggle.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Haha you need to live in India. Indian Rugby is the funniest, most awesome thing of all time. It's like kabbadi with a ball.

My new dream: go back to India and start a RUGBY CLUB! I don't even know the rules of Rugby but the Indian Rugby team is now my favorite team and favorite sport of all time.
American football is actually the gay great-grandson of union. The American colleges were concerned too many players were getting injured and even killed playing rugby (I'm not making this up) so the rules were gradually changed to introduce the forward pass and protective equipment.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone know where I can buy Indian rugby shirts? I will no longer wear any apparel not sanctioned by the Indian Rugby Association.

This is the greatest thing I've ever heard.
Based on how I know how to get hold of a Latvian rugby shirt (58th in the world fyi), try Irish bars in the vicinity of the rugby clubs in India.

Brice

Cricket Spectator
Hi Mate.

Rugby is a very exciting game and needs to popular around the world. Especially in the Asian sub-continent .The game of cricket makes other sports to dry especially in India.

rugby shirts

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The actor Rahul Bose is also an Indian national rugby player. I saw a bits of a game against some nation a few years back in which they lost pretty badly.

Indians are good at kho-kho. Why not rugby? :D

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yes he does act still. Plays rugby occassionally. Appeared last in the well acclaimed The Japanese Wife if I am not wrong.