Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 132

Thread: Tour de France 2010

  1. #1
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939

    Tour de France 2010

    Is that time of year again, starting in Holland for some reason (well, $$$ reasons).



    Contador will walk it unless he gets crashed into, so that's something to look forward to.

    Cavendish to win Green though. Moerk to disagree, but he thinks Hushovd deserved it last year despite whinging over nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

  2. #2
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Internet Tour de France Game 2010

    This game's back, pick a squad of 15, points awarded to those that finish in the top 10 in each stage.

    Usually turns out that me/Mork/Pickup do alright and everyone else tries not to get the spoon, shall see how it goes.

  3. #3
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    If someone can be bothered giving me a proper explanation of how it works for once, I'll try to feign an interest this year.
    'Copperfield,' said Mr. Micawber, 'farewell! Every happiness and prosperity! If, in the progress of revolving years, I could persuade myself that my blighted destiny had been a warning to you, I should feel that I had not occupied another man's place in existence altogether in vain.
    - Wilkins Micawber

  4. #4
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,157
    She be a thrilling race from start to finish!
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.


  5. #5
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    If someone can be bothered giving me a proper explanation of how it works for once, I'll try to feign an interest this year.
    Basically who gets to Paris in the lowest accumulated time, wins. In theory you don't have to win a a stage, so as long as you keep finishing ahead of the second placed rider in terms of time.

    Now for the drugs side of things, autoglass blood transfusions are the way to go (ie take out your own blood, and re-inject later) as they're undetectable (a Danish scientist is woking on a test for this). Most of the top riders, and those who win the race overall are all on some form of 'preparation'. It's really no different to say Alex Rodriguez who took steroids, and that helped him get a $275m contract for the Yankees, then being stuck in the minors and earning minimum wage.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  6. #6
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bonn, BRD
    Posts
    23,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Matteh View Post
    Cavendish to win Green though.
    Cavendish to win five stages and barely squeak over the hills, plus slag off everyone else for daring to exist.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

    Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

  7. #7
    Cricketer Of The Year Mr Casson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    9,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Basically who gets to Paris in the lowest accumulated time, wins. In theory you don't have to win a a stage, so as long as you keep finishing ahead of the second placed rider in terms of time.

    Now for the drugs side of things, autoglass blood transfusions are the way to go (ie take out your own blood, and re-inject later) as they're undetectable (a Danish scientist is woking on a test for this). Most of the top riders, and those who win the race overall are all on some form of 'preparation'. It's really no different to say Alex Rodriguez who took steroids, and that helped him get a $275m contract for the Yankees, then being stuck in the minors and earning minimum wage.
    And the jerseys?

  8. #8
    International Coach biased indian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    office
    Posts
    11,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Casson View Post
    And the jerseys?
    Could be wrong but will try
    Yellow for the leader
    White for the best young driver some thing like that
    Green for the sprint leader you get points for finishing in top 10 like that at various places and in the end of each stage
    White with red dot for the mountain king measn who reach first on various high point
    think not the best expiation
    Last edited by biased indian; 28-06-2010 at 07:53 AM.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
    RIP Craigos

  9. #9
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,608
    Am going to pick the big names which are the only ones I remember.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

  10. #10
    International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,655
    Can. Not. wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand
    Posts
    19,608
    Team chosen (Matteh chose order as I cbf and am rubbish)

    M. Cavendish
    T. Hushovd
    R. McEwen
    A. Contador
    L. Armstrong
    C. Evans
    A. Vinokourov
    L. Leipheimer
    M. Rogers
    F. Cancellara
    J. Voigt
    T. Voeckler
    S. O'Grady
    D. Millar
    G. Ciolek

    J. Dean
    B. Lancaster
    D. Zabriskie
    I. Velasco
    A. Kloden

  12. #12
    International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Bitch please, I'm from West Yorkshire
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by biased indian View Post
    Could be wrong but will try
    Yellow for the leader
    White for the best young driver some thing like that
    Green for the sprint leader you get points for finishing in top 10 like that at various places and in the end of each stage
    White with red dot for the mountain king measn who reach first on various high point
    think not the best expiation
    Yup, that's pretty much it. Also, some riders will have coloured jerseys if they are the national champion, like Andy Schleck will have the colours for the national champion of Luxembourg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

  13. #13
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    Yup, that's pretty much it. Also, some riders will have coloured jerseys if they are the national champion, like Andy Schleck will have the colours for the national champion of Luxembourg.
    It will be for the time trial this time around, Frank is the road race champion. He won it in 2005, but because he was the only person who bothered to turn up.
    Last edited by Craig; 29-06-2010 at 04:34 AM.

  14. #14
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Kim Kirchen had it for a few years. Swear they just rotate it being the 3 people in Luxemburg with bikes.

  15. #15
    Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    22,939
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel_Vimes View Post
    Cavendish to win five stages and barely squeak over the hills, plus slag off everyone else for daring to exist.
    Sounds like a decent Green jersey to me.

    Hushovd to whine about getting demolished again.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. International Cricket 2010
    By slippy in forum General
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 19-11-2010, 03:56 AM
  2. 2010 DLF IPL Points Table, Standings After 48th Match.
    By mritunjays82 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-04-2010, 08:19 AM
  3. Indian T20 Tournament 2010
    By James in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 26-02-2010, 05:26 AM
  4. Ok So.....will 2010 be as glorious a year as 1966 ?
    By George.Hinton in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 22-09-2009, 08:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •