• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France 2010

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is that time of year again, starting in Holland for some reason (well, $$$ reasons).

Contador will walk it unless he gets crashed into, so that's something to look forward to.

Cavendish to win Green though. Moerk to disagree, but he thinks Hushovd deserved it last year despite whinging over nothing.

Matteh

Internet Tour de France Game 2010

This game's back, pick a squad of 15, points awarded to those that finish in the top 10 in each stage.

Usually turns out that me/Mork/Pickup do alright and everyone else tries not to get the spoon, shall see how it goes.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
If someone can be bothered giving me a proper explanation of how it works for once, I'll try to feign an interest this year.

Craig

World Traveller
If someone can be bothered giving me a proper explanation of how it works for once, I'll try to feign an interest this year.
Basically who gets to Paris in the lowest accumulated time, wins. In theory you don't have to win a a stage, so as long as you keep finishing ahead of the second placed rider in terms of time.

Now for the drugs side of things, autoglass blood transfusions are the way to go (ie take out your own blood, and re-inject later) as they're undetectable (a Danish scientist is woking on a test for this). Most of the top riders, and those who win the race overall are all on some form of 'preparation'. It's really no different to say Alex Rodriguez who took steroids, and that helped him get a $275m contract for the Yankees, then being stuck in the minors and earning minimum wage.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Basically who gets to Paris in the lowest accumulated time, wins. In theory you don't have to win a a stage, so as long as you keep finishing ahead of the second placed rider in terms of time.

Now for the drugs side of things, autoglass blood transfusions are the way to go (ie take out your own blood, and re-inject later) as they're undetectable (a Danish scientist is woking on a test for this). Most of the top riders, and those who win the race overall are all on some form of 'preparation'. It's really no different to say Alex Rodriguez who took steroids, and that helped him get a $275m contract for the Yankees, then being stuck in the minors and earning minimum wage.
And the jerseys?

biased indian

International Coach
And the jerseys?
Could be wrong but will try
Yellow for the leader
White for the best young driver some thing like that
Green for the sprint leader you get points for finishing in top 10 like that at various places and in the end of each stage
White with red dot for the mountain king measn who reach first on various high point
think not the best expiation :)

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Team chosen (Matteh chose order as I cbf and am rubbish)

M. Cavendish
T. Hushovd
R. McEwen
A. Contador
L. Armstrong
C. Evans
A. Vinokourov
L. Leipheimer
M. Rogers
F. Cancellara
J. Voigt
T. Voeckler
S. O'Grady
D. Millar
G. Ciolek

J. Dean
B. Lancaster
D. Zabriskie
I. Velasco
A. Kloden

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Could be wrong but will try
Yellow for the leader
White for the best young driver some thing like that
Green for the sprint leader you get points for finishing in top 10 like that at various places and in the end of each stage
White with red dot for the mountain king measn who reach first on various high point
think not the best expiation :)
Yup, that's pretty much it. Also, some riders will have coloured jerseys if they are the national champion, like Andy Schleck will have the colours for the national champion of Luxembourg.

Craig

World Traveller
Yup, that's pretty much it. Also, some riders will have coloured jerseys if they are the national champion, like Andy Schleck will have the colours for the national champion of Luxembourg.
It will be for the time trial this time around, Frank is the road race champion. He won it in 2005, but because he was the only person who bothered to turn up.

Last edited:

Matteh

Kim Kirchen had it for a few years. Swear they just rotate it being the 3 people in Luxemburg with bikes.

Craig

World Traveller
I can't stand Cav (he also goes by the nickname of Frodo). A douche bag of the highest order.

WAC.

I hope Ale-Jet gets a stage win.

Matteh

To be fair, when you've been far and away better than everyone else and winning sprints by a literal country mile, you're allowed to be a ****.

Not enough good English sporting ****s imo.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Agree Cavo is a complete gun. So much better than anyone else on the circuit and has every right to be ****y. Love his attitude, WAG.

Craig

World Traveller
1 A. Contador
2 M. Cavendish
3 F. Cancellara
4 A. Schleck
5 T. Hushovd
6 L. Armstrong
7 F. Schleck
8 T. Farrar
9 C. Evans
10 B. Wiggins