• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France 2010

Bobisback

International Regular
Pretty annoyed that SBS is showing this 2 and a half hours after the start, so going to miss all these breakaways and the first 4 climbs. They have like a million SBS channels, just show it all on one of them, ffs.

Bobisback

International Regular
Him and that Astana rider with the yellow shoes, cant think of his name. Both destroy themselves everyday. So strong.

Matt79

Global Moderator
The ability of Phil Liggett and the other guy to repeat themselves over and over again is amazing. If i hear "La Petit Prince, that's what they call Damiano Cunego" once more i might scream.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Excellent finish to the stage, perfectly timed for the tea break.

Safe to say this is a two horse race now.

Bobisback

International Regular
Good day for Australia imo. This useless **** cracking today means we dont get our hopes up if he held the yellow into the pyrenees, then cracked there.

Johnners

Hindsight's a wonderful thing 'n all but honestly don't think he was ever a chance of competing with Contador/Schleck. He's a strongish climber, but as we saw last year and then again today, those two a leagues ahead of not only Cadel but pretty much every other rider on the tour.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Yeah, I don't think anyone seriously thought that anyone other than Andy Schleck or Contador was going to win it at the end of the day.

Actually a decent ride from Wiggins too, was 4'55" behind the winners, which isn't actuallly all that bad when you think about it. Took 5 minutes out of Evans. Reasonably enjoyable stage without being anything special.

Anyone else hate the stupid stages where they have a great climb like today and then don't have a mountain top finish? The 25km at the end today just seemed totally pointless...

Really good ride from Armstrong as well today, great comeback after just hitting the wall big-time the other day. Major respect.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Daniel Navarro.

27 years old, complete unknown until June 2010...
Yeah, called it earlier on in the tour that I reckon if he can TT, he should be up there challenging for the GC in a few years, seems like an absolutely phenomenal climber.

EDIT, Navarro that is.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Turns out making an effort to get someone else to do the cyclist order properly pays off.

Overall
15. (22) 66(+39,-15) Greg Thomas (New Zealand)
43. (346) 61(+50,-20) Craig Walsh (Australia)
105. (346) 55(+44,-26) Haakon Moerk (Norway)
172. (228) 51(+37,-30) Neil Pickup (UK)
338. (427) 40(+40,-41) Mathew Mitchell (UK)

Missing anyone?
209. (235) 254(+30,-67) Neil Pickup (UK)
237. (256) 248(+29,-73) Haakon Moerk (Norway)
251. (243) 243(+20,-78) Greg Thomas (New Zealand)
338. (349) 216(+27,-105) Craig Walsh (Australia)
391. (409) 182(+44,-139) Manjunath Reddlapalli (Australia)
431. (437) 146(+31,-175) Mathew Mitchell (UK)

so yeah, we all suck.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Good day for Australia imo. This useless **** cracking today means we dont get our hopes up if he held the yellow into the pyrenees, then cracked there.
Dont think there's any need to turn on him. He's still probably the greatest road cyclist this country has produced, and as said Schleck and Contador are a level above evryone. We didn't know it but he was racing with a fractured elbow and I'd imagine that halfway up an HC climb that would definitely start to impact on your ability to keep up with Andy and Alberto.

social

Dont think there's any need to turn on him. He's still probably the greatest road cyclist this country has produced, and as said Schleck and Contador are a level above evryone. We didn't know it but he was racing with a fractured elbow and I'd imagine that halfway up an HC climb that would definitely start to impact on your ability to keep up with Andy and Alberto.
Fractured elbow??

**** me but that has to be one of the gutsiest performances I've ever seen

Major respect to the guy