Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tour de France 2010

Did anybody see the fight at the end?
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    No..

What happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Cat View Post
    1) Had double pneumonia as a kid, as did my twin sis. Doctors told my parents to pray that we lived through the night. Dad said **** off, I'm an atheist, you ****s better save my kids, etc. Then prayed anyway.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Fight Breaks Out After Tour Stage 6 | Cyclingnews.com fi

Tried to club each other with a wheel over touching handlebars.

McEwen got taken out 75m after the finish by a race official as well. Would've thought they'd have realised there might be some bikes about at a stage finish.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Curveball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire View Post
    No..

What happened?

Here is the video (in Dutch)

I see your photo and raise you this:

Funny cycling fight - youtube

Curveball Champion!
    ^^

Good stage today, really enjoyed it after the tedium of the flat stages. Pleased that Chavanel got the stage win, looked like he really bust a gut to get there. Good ride by that young Spanish bloke who came 2nd too. A bit gutted for Thomas though, would have been epic if he'd have stayed with Contador/Wiggo/Armstrong group going up and managed to hold on to 2nd.

Not the Tour de France, but over at the Tour of Austria, and old Riccardo Ricco if you remember got popped a couple of years ago, well this is what happens if you crash into a motorbike:

Oh and BTW, his it looks like he is back on the juice again.
    Last edited by Craig; 10-07-2010 at 07:52 PM.

International Vice-Captain Noble One's Avatar
    I have never been a huge follower of the Tour de France, but last night it was such a delight following the riders as they rode through the Jura Mountains. Breathtaking ride through the hills and past some of the scenic lakes.

Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Not the Tour de France, but over at the Tour of Austria, and old Riccardo Ricco if you remember got popped a couple of years ago, well this is what happens if you crash into a motorbike:

Oh and BTW, his it looks like he is back on the juice again.
    **** me that looks painful. How do you collide with a motorbike though? Did they just knock him off?

Curveball Champion!
    Another really good stage there.

Been saying it for a while, but I reckon people are overestimating Contador a bit, making him seem like he's invincible, which I don't think he is, judging by how he rode today. Couldn't answer Andy Schleck on the final climb, looked like he didn't really have the legs.

Reckon Schleck has shown he is the Don really at the moment, had the legs for the finish and managed to gun it to the top without about 4 other team riders like Contador had. Speaking of which, that Daniel Navarro bloke is an absolute don at climbing, just led the group all the way from the bottom of La Palaz, he gets some serious lad points.

Shame about Wiggo losing a minute or two, he'd been climbing really well keeping up with the big-boys, WAG.

Curveball Champion!
    Also, Australians..

Where's the love for Cadel Evans and Michael Rogers? Genuinely good cyclists with chances (Evans especially) to finish on the podium. Would have thought the aussies would be right behind them..

Oh I love Evans. Didn't want to come in here and gush too much at this stage, but nice to see him in the yellow. Not sure whether, if he had his choice, he would have wanted it ahead of Tuesday's stage, but screw it, after the couple of years when he came second, it makes a nice change from him being a few seconds behind.

One thing that's been strange to me has been that everytime someone rattles off the contenders, Evans always seems to get left out, even on the SBS commentary down here. People talk about Contador and Schleck, and fair enough, and they were mentioning Armstrong, Basso, and even Menshov. You'd be thinking Schleck is looking most likely at the moment, but hell, Evans is in with a massive shout here you'd suggest. He sometimes lacks the ability to putting in a really stinging attack, but equally he's currently ahead, he's a good time trialist and he's generally bloody hard to get rid of on the climbs. Plus his team seems to be a bit more together than Lotto used to be for him.

All of that said, we're one week into a three week race, with the majority of the Alps and all the Pyrennes ahead, so its a bit early to be getting too excited about anyone. What's happened to Armstrong this year goes to show how precarious the race is for anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Contador still the man to beat, not going to stop thinking that for a good while yet.

Also, Australians..

Where's the love for Cadel Evans and Michael Rogers? Genuinely good cyclists with chances (Evans especially) to finish on the podium. Would have thought the aussies would be right behind them..
    Hope Cadel does it but dont want to say too much as he has succumbed to pressure on the tour before

However, after winning the world champs he is apparently more relaxed

Good news is that he seems to have a unified team behind him for a change so hopefully he wont be left to fight the world by himself

Have to say that the Tour is really compelling viewing - I can quite happily watch it for a few hours at a stretch just to see the tactics unfold

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information