Cricket Player Manager

View Poll Results: Which EPL team should I support?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tottenham Hotspur

7 23.33%
  • Newcastle United

3 10.00%
  • Arsenal

6 20.00%
  • Blackburn

2 6.67%
  • Aston Villa

5 16.67%
  • Other (please specify)

7 23.33%
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me pick an EPL side

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar

Help me pick an EPL side

So I've decided to follow EPL for at least one season to see if I can get into it. With the sad demise of basketball for me (doesn't hold any interest anymore), I need a new fourth sport (cricket, NFL, ice hockey, and something else). Baseball doesn't cut it anymore either.

I've been doing some research and I think I've narrowed it down to these choices. I only had two rules: No Manchester United. If some random Englishman wanted to start playing baseball and decided to become a Yankee fan, I'd punch them in the face. I won't be that guy. And second, it can't be a team so minor that I'll have trouble watching their games - no point in supporting a club that I can't find their games.
    Last edited by silentstriker; 19-06-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Blackburn because you'd get on well with Sam Allardyce.

Blackburn is on the list purely because I hear they have a penchant for dirty play. That gives them massive points despite maybe not having great TV coverage.

Didn't even check the list tbh. But yeah... Blackburn

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Chelsea are too good to take up supporting now. Liverpool have no redeemable qualities, so they're out. I'd suggest Arsenal, but I don't know if their soft 'n' pretty little brand of football is quite in keeping with your attitude towards sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Hmm, on the other hand, if you take up supporting Villa, you'll hate football by the end of the year.

Just watch a bunch of matches and you'll soon discover which teams you want to win and which teams you want to lose.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Think all Man Utd fans should be exempt at the poll due to having their chance at picking a team and being awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

No, then I could end up liking Man U and then I'd have to turn the rifle on my face. I won't be that guy. It has to be before. From what Matteh said, I feel a great kinship with Aston Villa...

Sort of like the Philadelphia Eagles...get to the game before the championship every season before losing spectacularly. Always a good team that makes you want to kill yourself right before the end.

Definitely sounds like Arsenal, get ourselves to the top of the table before capitulating in style during the last 2 months of the season.

Would go with Everton if I was you, decent side without being mega rich or particularly anoying.

still scratching around in the same old hole
    Frankly SS IMO there is only 1 team for you. Coming from Philly as you do with its hardcore fans and being a blue collar town then you have to be a Newcastle fan. Anything else wouldnt fit.

All you need to know is below

Jackie Milburn

Kevin Keegan

Alan Shearer

Jimmy Nail

Cheryl Cole
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

You're going to choose a team which has no chance of winning a premiership in the next 5-10 years, unless some rich guy buys them out for fun.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker View Post
    No, then I could end up liking Man U and then I'd have to turn the rifle on my face. I won't be that guy. It has to be before. From what Matteh said, I feel a great kinship with Aston Villa...

Sort of like the Philadelphia Eagles...get to the game before the championship every season before losing spectacularly. Always a good team that makes you want to kill yourself right before the end.
    Nah, Villa aren't really that team. They're the team that never look like being relegated but never really look like winning much either. They usually finish 6th or 7th and their league season ends in November. They don't play remotely attractive football, but nor are they an especially violent team. If you like your sport extremely boring and without any kind of fun, Villa are the team for you.

**** it mate, just come over to the dark side and support United.

cpr
    Would've suggested Newcastle too tbh (IF I'm allowed a say that is!). Always entertainment, sometimes in a good way, one of the few clubs that can actually lay claim to the 'good set of fans' title too.

Was gonna admonish Goughy for missing a pic of Beardsley off too, but then a pic of old quasi wouldn't really attract fans in!

Oh, and not all us Man Utd fans are glory hunters, as my unflinching love of Detroit Lions proves...... (and I prefer Mets over the Yankees)
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

If you like to have expectations completely out of proportion with the quality of your team and anything they've ever achieved, support Newcastle.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information