• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help me pick an EPL side

Which EPL team should I support?

• Total voters

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Ahhh, the Roseboy defence.

I still don't see it, Barcelona/Man Utd are some of the clubs with a genuinely worldwide presence. You don't achieve that by being crap. Even watching a game and seeing 80,000 at the Nou Camp might've made it obvious.
Never actually watched them before I decided I would pick them. Also, was a provisional thing, wasn't actually a fan just decided I would give them a chance. Beckham left but I figured I'd watch anyway for the crazy manager who flung a boot at him. Was the 4-0 v Bolton and the Community Shield with Arsenal that made me stick. Was then I realised they were a massive team but already picked them.

biased indian

International Coach
BI can I ask why even before you knew much about football, you already had the ingrained ABU gene? I'd call that jumping on a bandwagon.
as i said i watched the Barcelona game in 94 But i started watching live EPL only in 2000 (that's the time we took cable connection in our home) by that time i had seen and read about lot of European games and if i am correct united had won lot of trophies in 99

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well, I have to support the Philadelphia Union. Not really excited about watching MLS though - and I have a feeling MLS is probably harder to find on TV than EPL.

cpr

International Coach
as i said i watched the Barcelona game in 94 But i started watching live EPL only in 2000 (that's the time we took cable connection in our home) by that time i had seen and read about lot of European games and if i am correct united had won lot of trophies in 99

So you dislike Man Utd just because they are successful? A bit sad IMO. Sure don't expect you to support us, but disliking just because of it.....

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
So you dislike Man Utd just because they are successful? A bit sad IMO. Sure don't expect you to support us, but disliking just because of it.....
It's the trend wherever you go though. Bayern are hated in Germany by nearly everyone who isn't a Bayern fan. Similar things with Real Madrid and Barcelona in Spain. Same with Milan, Lazio and Roma(or at least a few years ago when they actually won stuff) in Italy.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is this EPL you speak of?
amazing it took that long for that post, i really don't care about football being callerd soccer, but the "epl" just horrible in every way. The Premiership, thats what it's ****ing called, call it that.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
amazing it took that long for that post, i really don't care about football being callerd soccer, but the "epl" just horrible in every way. The Premiership, thats what it's ****ing called, call it that.
Not since 2007 tbh. Anyway, even then, who called it the Premiership?

"Hey, who do Liverpool have in the Premiership this weekend?"

Yuck, it works but sounds awkward. Surely everyone uses 'Premier League' in conversation rather than, the awkward and now defunct, 'Premiership'?

EPL used all over the world. You would be insane to use it in the UK but it is how the league nmarkets itself globally.

Last edited:

grecian

Not since 2007 tbh. Anyway, even then, who called it the Premiership?

"Hey, who do Liverpool have in the Premiership this weekend?"

Yuck, it works but sounds awkward. Surely everyone uses 'Premier League' in conversation rather than, the awkward and now defunct, 'Premiership'?

EPL used all over the world. You would be insane to use it in the UK but it is how the league nmarkets itself globally.
yeah, admittedly it was a poor use of words, was more just saying that we call it the premier league, not epl, which does sound horribly american. Been drinking a lot today, as i may have mentioned before.......

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, admittedly it was a poor use of words, was more just saying that we call it the premier league, not epl, which does sound horribly american. Been drinking a lot today, as i may have mentioned before.......
Its the best excuse and I cant fault you. Please continue and have one for me. :)

grecian

Its the best excuse and I cant fault you. Please continue and have one for me. :)

Yeah, afternoon kick-offs throw you off a bit, Hole in the Wall, really good pub for these things, despite not serving Stella:)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Generally just refer to it as "the league" when talking about it. Obvs can understand why it would be referred to the EPL overseas though.

Matteh

Is always shortened right down to simply 'the Prem', followed by Division 1, Division 2 and Division 3 followed by the Vauxhall Conference.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I love Everton, which as a Liverpool supporter, means I get stabbed in the nads regularly. They have Oz's Tim Cahill and your Tim Howard, amongst lots of other quality players. They're managed by Moyes, who is a champ. Don't know if Lance will be heading back. Lovely club. :)

Last edited:

Agent TBY

International Captain
Everton are horrible. Cheat all the time, play awful football, and have violent fans. The manager and players are all scum of the earth. You're better off picking another club, SS.

:whistling