• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help me pick an EPL side

Which EPL team should I support?

• Total voters

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Quite like West Brom, local side, try and play like the Arsenal of Birmingham, just don't have the quality to pull it off quite as well.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Liverpool. We're "the people's team". We're loyal and passionate to a fault. We used to be Kings of Europe but have waned in the last couple decades so we've got a hunger to get back. We are the most decorated side in England and one of the most in the rest of Europe. Our club is epitomised by our theme song: You'll Never Walk Alone. For whatever happens, in good times and bad, you will never walk alone. We'll pick each other up and go forward together. I don't know if you followed football before, but the Champions League final in 05 epitomises us as a club today in many respects. A club where the fans have a real connection to the team.

Watch these for a tester:
YouTube - Liverpool Champions League Compilation Ver. 2.flv
YouTube - you'll never walk alone liverpool football club

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah the more I think of it the more sense it makes. Go for it SS.

edit, West Brom that is.

To Ikki - I think you're wasting your time - the fact that you are the most decorated club rules you out from what SS said

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh...but we're no United. We haven't won the title for 20 years. It's a side that is still struggling to win it but has the resources to mount something like a challenge. Nothing is guaranteed. I was under the impression that he didn't want to support a behemoth of a club that has everything in place to win and usually does - i.e. United and Yankees.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well he said no big four clubs, and also said (incorrectly) that one of his reasons for not supporting Man U was because they were the most successful club...given that that's Liverpool, I doubt he'll be supporting them.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
But we're not a top 4 club anymore and have won less titles than Blackburn in the last 20 years :p Come on Manan!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
That is....interesting for a sports team song...I can't imagine what it sounds like being sung by 10000 people....

Fusion

Global Moderator
We have a local sports radio guy here who's really into the EPL. When he first started following the league, he needed a team to support as well, and he ended up picking Liverpool. He wrote a blog about how he choose them over the others. Thought you might relate to it SS, so linking it below.

How I picked my favorite teams.

Jarquis

Not Arsenal just not Arsenal. I wouldnt be able to read your posts if you did. No thank you.
Haha, I was considering suggesting that he support T*ttenham. Stopped myself from doing so because I realised if he asked me for reasons why, I wouldn't be able to give any.

Matteh

We have a local sports radio guy here who's really into the EPL. When he first started following the league, he needed a team to support as well, and he ended up picking Liverpool. He wrote a blog about how he choose them over the others. Thought you might relate to it SS, so linking it below.

How I picked my favorite teams.
From the link:
Code:
GYPO said... 
I do not know how old you are but, here goes.

In the early 70s a Liverpool team packed with stars managed by the graet Bill Shankly had to visit a place called Field Mill, home of Mansfield town.

In the team that night was Yeats, Lawler, Smith, St John etc. Well they huffed and they puffed and scored not one single goal that night. The place was packed to the rafters, which included me.

Boy what a night I had watching Liverpool struggle to overcome little Mansfield. It sticks in my mind even now.
**** we're awesome.

fredfertang

I reckon you should only ever follow your local team so, if SS is in Philadelphia, strikes me the nearest may well be the Seasiders

In which case your heroes are Alan Suddick, Bill Bentley and Jimmy Armfield

Your favourite colour is Tangerine

.......... oh and your owner is a convicted rapist, albeit an innocent one, so he says, but then he would I suppose - but he is a complete **** - ask any Burnley fan

Matteh

One of my criteria for picking a team when I was 5 was to not pick the local team (Coventry City). Still stand by that.