• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help me pick an EPL side

Which EPL team should I support?

• Total voters

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pretty sure David Platt was managing Sampdoria at the time and took them out there
Remember Baggio playing for Bolonga for a bit when I watched Itallian football, but he was still pretty great.

No one was as great as Beppe Signori though.
He certainly managed Sampdoria, but don't think Dichio played for them, have another average side in my head like Lecce maybe?

Yeah is where I remember him being after being outcasted at the top clubs for doing something. Was still a gun then tbf.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All this talk of Football Italia is reigniting my burning passion for James Richardson. Why do I still miss you so :(.

Go for Spurs rather than Newcastle, SS. As a special bonus you get to join in the Champions League bant for two matches this year.

_Ed_

I know they're nowhere near the EPL, but I can't help but love AFC Wimbledon. It's such an awesome thing that the fans in Wimbledon did after their club relocated to Milton Keynes. I wish them every success.

This summarises it nicely for those who haven't heard about it.

cpr

International Coach
Meh, no love for Wimbledon under any disguise, horrid, dirty team. Stick you crazy gang up your **** (though if you do, John Fashanu will disown you until the day you die). Just a shame they couldnt have taken Crystal Palace with them.

Matteh

I know they're nowhere near the EPL, but I can't help but love AFC Wimbledon. It's such an awesome thing that the fans in Wimbledon did after their club relocated to Milton Keynes. I wish them every success.

This summarises it nicely for those who haven't heard about it.
And had a kiwi ex player at the World Cup iirc.

vcs

Do the right thing and pick Arsenal.

if you don't want to see your team win a trophy in your lifetime.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Now that we've signed Hodgson we're officially a mediocre side. You can be a Liverpool fan Manan!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
My mate, a Liverpool fan, said that Liverpool would now probably lose Torres or Gerrard because of the signing.

Why is he a bad signing as coach?

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Because it's like replacing a Ferrari for a Holden. Liverpool had one of the top managers in the world - in fact, he is now rehired by the #1 team in Europe - and we got a mid-table battler who hasn't won anything in more than a decade and whose best achievement is going to the UEFA cup final and not winning it. PLUS we had to pay 6 million for Benitez to leave and 2.5 million to get Fulham to release Woy (or Roy). So not only did we replace our Ferrari with a Holden, we paid more money to do it.

The reason guys like Torres or Gerrard might not stay is because it's pretty, frankly, obvious where the club is heading and they are wanted players by better teams with better managers and better prospects.

vcs

But it didn't seem like Torres and Gerrard had a lot of faith in your "world-class" manager last season. Liverpool can't do any worse than they did last year. And I heard Benitez is planning to replace Cambiasso and Sneijder with Mascherano and Kuyt. Inter fans must be contemplating suicide. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Matteh

Because it's like replacing a Ferrari for a Holden. Liverpool had one of the top managers in the world - in fact, he is now rehired by the #1 team in Europe - and we got a mid-table battler who hasn't won anything in more than a decade and whose best achievement is going to the UEFA cup final and not winning it. PLUS we had to pay 6 million for Benitez to leave and 2.5 million to get Fulham to release Woy (or Roy). So not only did we replace our Ferrari with a Holden, we paid more money to do it.

The reason guys like Torres or Gerrard might not stay is because it's pretty, frankly, obvious where the club is heading and they are wanted players by better teams with better managers and better prospects.
Given your lot are in the UEFA Cup this year, think that's a decent pedigree.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
But it didn't seem like Torres and Gerrard had a lot of faith in your "world-class" manager last season. Liverpool can't do any worse than they did last year. And I heard Benitez is planning to replace Cambiasso and Sneijder with Mascherano and Kuyt. Inter fans must be contemplating suicide. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
haha I read that too....very very very laughable...Benitez has lost it.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If Roy can even do what Rafa did on a regular basis then he'd be knighted. Rafa got top 4 regularly and deep into the CL. Roy won't achieve that.

And so probably are most other Liverpool fans, Ikki just decided to be controversial, clearly.
Can't speak for all, but going round the boards, the majority are upset. Liverpool fans are clearly underwhelmed but what choice have they got? It's Woy for now.

Last edited:

PhoenixFire

International Coach
If Roy can even do what Rafa did on a regular basis then he'd be knighted. Rafa got top 4 regularly and deep into the CL. Roy won't achieve that.
Like Pothas said, I almost, almost want Liverpool to become an all-conquering European destruction unit after hearing what you've said.

Almost.