• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fixtures tomorrow, time for a new thread :)

Hoping for Sheff Wed away on the opening day and a home game to finish. The rest, meh, I'm just glad we have nobody who has ever performed with New Order anywhere near the dugout this season.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CDMs to win nothing. Manure and Chelsea to battle it out for another title. Several managers to whine about the World Cup injuring their players. Gerrard to return to Anfield and fall over some massive elongated shoes left by a departing employee and look for a free kick.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Pleased with the fixtures. Home games to start and finish, Sheff Wed at home on Boxing Day, Rochdale away New Year's Day.

I think it's that time of year where I proclaim, for the first, but not the last time, the following:

THE WHITES ARE GOING UP

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it's a shame you'll be bottom on day one but there's not much we can do about it now

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Craig Curran to Carlisle

Won't be losing any sleep over losing him as a player but it's not a good sign when players turn down new contracts to go and play for them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
As long as he is replaced I have no real qualms at seeing him leave. Much as I like Djourou, I'm hoping like hell that he is not Monsieur Wenger's idea of an ideal replacement.

Jarquis

Yeah if our CB pecking order is looking something like Vermaelen, ???, Koscienly, Djourou next season I'll be ecstatic. Especially if we can keep Campbell as 5th choice or something.
We do need somebody that we can bring into the first team because if the pecking order is Vermaelen, Koscienly, Djourou, Nordveit? We look very light at the back.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I imagine the idea is for Alex Song to provide cover. About time we saw Nordveit given some chance mind you. Hope Sol does stay on though, can still do a grea job from time to time and his experience would be of huge benefit to the young players coming through.

Jarquis

I don't like that idea. Yeah, Alex Song can play at the back but positinally he can go slightly awry when playing there and our midfield is infinitely weaker when he's not there. Denislon in the holding role ****s me to tears. Seriously cannot be putting up with that tripe for another season.
Sign a real CB and let Song be a monster in the middle.

As for Nordveit, he does deserve a run and will probably feature in the Carling Cup but the idea of Djourou being permanently crocked and thus Nordeveit being first choice replacement is the stuff nightmares are made from.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah if our CB pecking order is looking something like Vermaelen, ???, Koscienly, Djourou next season I'll be ecstatic. Especially if we can keep Campbell as 5th choice or something.
We do need somebody that we can bring into the first team because if the pecking order is Vermaelen, Koscienly, Djourou, Nordveit? We look very light at the back.
I'd imagine Koscienly would be the no.2 wouldn't he? I can't imagine Wenger spending 10 million Euro on a third choice CB.