• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Can only laugh at whoever thinks Ngog is better than Babel after this morning's performance. Very scratchy from the lads, but I thought we did enough to progress. I like Aurelio on the left-hand side, a better option than Agger for mine. Would just love another centre forward or attacking midfielder before the end of the month.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can only laugh at whoever thinks Ngog is better than Babel after this morning's performance. Very scratchy from the lads, but I thought we did enough to progress. I like Aurelio on the left-hand side, a better option than Agger for mine. Would just love another centre forward or attacking midfielder before the end of the month.
Heh, sounded like Ngog had a stinker.

Think you lot definitely need a striker, only a few days left though presumably. Tuesday deadline?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Think you lot definitely need a striker, only a few days left though presumably. Tuesday deadline?
Tuesday indeed. Yikes.

Can understand the centre forward, but attacking midfielder when you've already got Cole and Gerrard?
When Gerrard is used with the CDM in the middle and with Cole on the right, yes. But in all likelihood that shouldn't/won't happen, so yes, it's a ST/CF or nothing really.

I agree with Ikki that I've been over-critical of Ngog. He's very young and will only improve, and has shown a good work ethic and skill on the ball. I just think it's strange/silly that he is playing upfront for a big four* club, as he doesn't have adequate finishing capability.

*surely this term has to change now?

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mascherano gone. :( Obviously a bit reckless at times, but I've loved his commitment and antics. Will miss him.

EDIT: And hopefully this means funds. Quick Roy, quuuuuuuuuuuuuuuick.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
What game were you watching? Aurelio replaced Jovanovic, not Agger. Agger was replaced by Kelly. And from that match, you could laugh at anyone saying half the team is better than Babel because they were mostly crap. The score flattered us a lot.

Disappointed that Javier is gone but it was inevitable. He is a beast of a player and Barca are even better now in the middle than they were before. The fee can rise to 22m depending on add-ons I hear. Still a bargain, I mean we bought him for 18 ourselves. Shows how ****ed up the LFC hierarchy are.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
What game were you watching? Aurelio replaced Jovanovic, not Agger. Agger was replaced by Kelly. And from that match, you could laugh at anyone saying half the team is better than Babel because they were mostly crap. The score flattered us a lot.
Where did I say Aurelio replaced Agger? I just like him on the left. Clearly none of the statements in my post relate to each other.

Craig

World Traveller
€22m for Mascherano, so I guess Barca have given up on the idea of signing Fabregas for some time.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Where did I say Aurelio replaced Agger? I just like him on the left. Clearly none of the statements in my post relate to each other.
You said he was a better option than Agger...Agger only plays LB or CB and had been recently used in Aurelio's position (LB, sometimes LM and very little CM). The only position those two have shared is LB; what were you referring to?

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My guess is some kind of nod and wink arrangement; one more year with us then off in next close season.

Barca will have to get realistic with their bids tho.