• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

chalky

International Debutant
Lots of empty seats at Wigan again despite the visit of the Champions nearly as bad as the world cup.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Huh? That has nothing to do with my post at all?
Sorry, should have made it clearer that I wasn't arguing with you on that point but referring back to what I was saying about Kuyt yesterday and how the Liverpool regulars all appreciate him hugely

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry, should have made it clearer that I wasn't arguing with you on that point but referring back to what I was saying about Kuyt yesterday and how the Liverpool regulars all appreciate him hugely
And they still think Rafa is a brilliant manager and it was all the owners' fault for them being complete **** last season.

cover drive man

International Captain
And they still think Rafa is a brilliant manager and it was all the owners' fault for them being complete **** last season.
This is true I often say they're business people not charities.

"Dear sir, Can you give me 50 million pounds so I can buy football players for a team which haven't looked promising all through the last season? This would be greatly appreciated, if not you are ****ing scum and should piss off."

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They don't think he's a brilliant manager, more that most of them felt they were better with him than without him.

Whatever you think about who the best people are to judge a manager, surely we can all agree that you see things from players at the game that you wouldn't see on TV and that it's a better way to judge players; obviously you have to counter-balance that with the lack of objectivity that comes from a lot of matchgoers. That being said, I don't know any Liverpool fan who thinks Kuyt is world class but the general consensus is that he is more than worth his place in the team.

I dunno, hard for me to be swayed too much as my side is never on TV, but I remember when we voted Mark Rankine player of the year. I just couldn't see that a team whose votes for such awards are largely coming from people who watch on TV rather than at the game could vote such a player for said award because of the type of work he did. Going off on a bit of a tangent, to sum up, you appreciate things live at the game that you don't on TV.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This is true I often say they're business people not charities.

"Dear sir, Can you give me 50 million pounds so I can buy football players for a team which haven't looked promising all through the last season? This would be greatly appreciated, if not you are ****ing scum and should piss off."
Except that football clubs aren't meant to be ran for profit, in terms of their day to day business operations.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, fair.

Being the best-informed isn't the same as always being right. There are plenty of big Liverpool fans whose opinion I respect a lot that think Dirk Kuyt's quality. You take it on board obviously, but I feel I see enough of Liverpool that I don't have to simply bow to their superior knowledge. It's not like I completely disregard what they have to say when forming my own opinion.

Besides, there are plenty of people who go to every game that haven't got the slightest clue what they're talking about. The people who see the most games, particularly live, are also those most emotionally invested. It's tough to make an accurate judgment on anything you care that much about. It's why I don't bet on United games, or games directly involving United. I'm not saying the fans you're talking about are 606 callers, and Liverpool do have a body of particularly level-headed fans compared to most other clubs. But I do rather have to take your word for it that they know their stuff.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, that's all fair enough. I certainly wouldn't say all liverpool fans know their stuff either, just like with any club.

Funnily enough this all stemmed from me making a tongue in cheek reference to NathKs comment about blackpool last week.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha. If the ref hadn't blown up a touch too soon in injury time, I'd reckon they'd have come away with a 7-6 result.

Craig

World Traveller
So Ikki, reports are Inter will offer €8m for Kuyt with either Sulley Muntari or Nigerian striker Victor Obinna in return.

Oh, and Mikel Artea would 'seriously' consider playing for England should the opportunity arrive. Meh, you lot do it for cricket and rugby teams, why not for the football?