Page 61 of 415 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Agreed, his free kick in the playoff final was dire, etc.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Nath, their team isn't Premier League standard, it's quite obvious and it's not a direct insult to you or even the club. If you think they'll stay up that's fine and no one begrudges you that opinion. Calm down.

Thought Silva was quite handy last night myself. Tevez is annoying when he's not running hot (shoots from everywhere), SWP was completely hopeless, Micah was even worse, GB was non-existant and frankly, not needed if de Jong and Yaya are playing. Assuming Boateng recovers shortly and Kolarov's ankle is okay, this is the side I'd be playing.

Hart/Given (not fussed at this point, Hart has to stay after that though)

Boateng-Kolo-Kompany-Kolarov

Robinho/Johnson-Yaya-de Jong-Silva

Balotelli/Adebayor-Tevez
    I think that side is solid, quite potent going forward and far more balanced. I know, I know, Robinho, but say what you will he was superb for us two seasons ago and has amazing talent, I don't think he should be discarded.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Yeah, playing Yaya, De Jong and Barry was pretty painful. Even the Netherlands only opted for two spoilers. And Spurs still absolutely ran the midfield. I can see Silva or Johnson being given a creative centre-midfield role with Tevez or Adebayor up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Haha, it's becoming increasingly obvious who have and who haven't been watching Blackpool play in the last 18 months. They will not be relegated this season.
    Ha, what? Get down from your high horse Nath. I have seen them play plenty in the last 18 months, thanks. It's one thing to look good (and they didn't look any better than that) in the Championship and quite another to sustain yourselves through a whole season in the Prem. They've barely strengthened their squad, which would maybe be okay if they had won the title last year, but they didn't, they won the play-offs. A side that finished 21 points behind West Brom.

We've seen it all before - if a side that wins the play-offs doesn't strengthen, they face a long winter.

Of course, you could be right and they might stay up but to act so smug because they won one game is a dangerous game, maybe I'll dig your post up when they're getting tonked in November
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Their manager doesn't even think they'll stay up.

Barry looked like he had lead boots on yesterday. Was very sluggish around the midfield from what I saw on MOTD. Has Boateng played a lot at rb? Always thought we either player left or center

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Yeah, playing Yaya, De Jong and Barry was pretty painful. Even the Netherlands only opted for two spoilers. And Spurs still absolutely ran the midfield. I can see Silva or Johnson being given a creative centre-midfield role with Tevez or Adebayor up front.
    Spurs ran the midfield because none of Barry, Yaya or de Jong play forward of halfway and hence Modric and co. could run from center and move the ball forward. They countered superbly thanks to us playing a horrible RB and an okay RB at LB. We were poor all over the park bar Kompany and Hart afaic. I agree that Johnno changed the game. Should be playing every game unless Silva is playing directly in his position.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Agreed, his free kick in the playoff final was dire, etc.
    Was capable of hitting the odd superb free kick up here as well, didn't mean he wasn't a dire footballer.

Arshavin to score at Anfield again today anyone?...Not feeling it myself. Fingers crossed though.

He might score, but we're going to concede a few tonight. Jesus Christ our defence.

Has the starting XI been announced yet?

Almunia Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Clichy; Diaby, Wilshere, Nasri; Eboue, Chamakh, Arshavin

Hmm, slightly better than expected. Was anticipating seeing Frimpong and Nordtveit in there. Could be vitstl. A few goals in this one I'd imagine.

Van Persie, Cesc and Theo on the bench? Or have they all missed out entirely?

RVP and Feo on the bench. Cesc has a chest infection.

A chest infection ffs. Softer than sitting out a game with a yeast infection.

Thread Information