• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FFS, we don't need that with our deficiencies at the back. Deliberate though? :unsure:

CB before Blackpool please.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
FFS, we don't need that with our deficiencies at the back. Deliberate though? :unsure:
Thought it was fair enough myself. N'Gog defo should have been booked earlier on for a similar offence though.

Decent result that, really needed to get the draw and did, well scrapped out, just about. Fair result overall I would say.

Jarquis

A point's a point. Thought Koscielny looked solid during the game, until the sending off :p
A few chances at the end, could've maybe snatched all 3, though not sure we would've been entirely deserving. Saying that Liverpool were **** for the entire first half.
Need a few signings though. Won't be too critical of Almunia for the goal, was a decent strike. Hopefully Wilshere will learn that you can't afford mistakes like that against better opposition. Defending from crosses and set pieces left a lot to be desired, same old, same old.
Another CB is an absolute must.

Scaly piscine

Only morons judge a striker purely on the basis of his goal scoring record.
Yea because it's not like I already stated that he was billed AS A GOALSCORER AND TARGET-MAN.

GOALSCORERS SCORE GOALS. THAT'S WHY GOALS MIGHT JUST ****ING BE A CRITICALLY IMPORTANT STAT.

IS IT GETTING THROUGH YET?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
A point's a point. Thought Koscielny looked solid during the game, until the sending off :p
A few chances at the end, could've maybe snatched all 3, though not sure we would've been entirely deserving. Saying that Liverpool were **** for the entire first half.
Need a few signings though. Won't be too critical of Almunia for the goal, was a decent strike. Hopefully Wilshere will learn that you can't afford mistakes like that against better opposition. Defending from crosses and set pieces left a lot to be desired, same old, same old.
Another CB is an absolute must.
I thought he did ok, definitely suffered with the physical side and pace of the game I thought. But overall for what was always going to be a challenging debut I thought he did a good job. Tell you what though, reckon it would have been a different story if a fully fit Torres had started for Liverpool.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Then why bring up the fact "he's not that sort of player". They should be condemning him for his ****headedness in making a challenge like that.
Because they were discussing whether he was trying to hurt the man...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yea because it's not like I already stated that he was billed AS A GOALSCORER AND TARGET-MAN.

GOALSCORERS SCORE GOALS. THAT'S WHY GOALS MIGHT JUST ****ING BE A CRITICALLY IMPORTANT STAT.

France is also a notoriously defensive league where goalscoring is hard to come by.

grecian

Football season looks like it might be fun for the prem, going by this thread on the first weekend. ****ing Manure haven't even played yet.

Looking forward to Aussie coming back to bring some sanity to it all myself:)

Jarquis

Target Man =/= Goal scorer. So only half your argument has any merit.

Jarquis

I thought he did ok, definitely suffered with the physical side and pace of the game I thought. But overall for what was always going to be a challenging debut I thought he did a good job. Tell you what though, reckon it would have been a different story if a fully fit Torres had started for Liverpool.
Yeah, physical side might be a worry, but he won a fair few headers, all be it against N'Gog.
As for the pace, he matched Torres stride for stride towards the end, but as you said had Torres been fully fit it might've been a bit different.
TBF that's only because the ref bottled this one: YouTube - joe cole tackle-C.Ronaldo (Man Utd Vs Chelsea 23/9/2007).

The one today was dubious, but he's pretty conclusively out to hurt Ronaldo there.
Nah, you don't get it. He's not that sort of player.

social

You could set your watch by Arsenal - different season, same problems

Either AW is blind or his hands are tied