• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Craig

World Traveller
If Zlatan moves to Citeh I will laugh so hard. I thought kicking up a huge fuss about leaving Inter was to win the Champios League and the Ballon d'Or?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Arsene not bothering about signing anything more than a stop gap marginal improvement for the sake of it player like Schwarzer makes me question whether he wants to hang around past this season. That said, I'll back Mark all the way if he signs for us.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Dunno, read something that Fabregas has been promised a lot of new signings in an attempt to get him to stay. That said, like you, I will believe it when I see it. But I have some faith, will see several new players by the start of the season I would wager. Whether they are ones we will be happy with is another question entirely.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
If it makes you feel better - the talk is getting stronger and stronger that Joey Joe Joe Cole is already yours.

Craig

World Traveller
I'm still ashamed RSC plays for my club. Makes me physically ill.

FWIW, Yaya is someone I've wanted us to buy for quite some time. Can play in defence as well and is a much better player than both Barry and de Jong. I'm not sure which one he'll replace though. Maybe Barry will play some LB? Though tbh I expect us to buy a LB before the "summer" is out.

Zlatan, Silva and Kjaer from here on and I'll cry the manliest tears.
Doesn't Jerome Boateng play at left back? Valencia have let Citeh talk to Silva, so that move appears almost certain to happen.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hodgson would be a good choice without a doubt. Hope he doesn't end up there though. Am quite happy seeing Liverpool toil and struggle for a bit longer. Would rather see him stay with Fulham.

Pothas

Yeah I like Hodsgon, one of the more likable managers around but Liverpool are just Ugh.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hodgson would be a **** choice, I hope it doesn't have it. Is not near the kind of caliber needed to win the title. I am praying for Bielsa.

Pothas

Hodgson would be a **** choice, I hope it doesn't have it. Is not near the kind of caliber needed to win the title. I am praying for Bielsa.
You what?

Hodgson has a lot of experience, crucially in English football as well as abroad.

I love the way Bielsa's teams play football but he no experience of club football in Europe let alone England.

Remember Scolari at Chelsea.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hodgson is actually very widely respected around Europe (particularly Italy) as a top coach, he would do a good job for most sides to be honest.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You what?

Hodgson has a lot of experience, crucially in English football as well as abroad.

I love the way Bielsa's teams play football but he no experience of club football in Europe let alone England.

Remember Scolari at Chelsea.
He's a good coach but definitely not in the top tier of coaches in the world. His record is rather ordinary compared to the popularity he has. Simply not done anything remotely good enough to deserve coaching Liverpool.

I would rather Bielsa since we'd adapt well to his pressing game and that maybe we'll see the best of many players in such an ultra-attacking approach.

Last edited: