• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
They weren't justifying it - both said a red was the correct decision! But for someone to get their first red at thirty - that suggests they aren't that type of player, no?
Well, it's a moot point surely. Whether or not he is that type of player is irrelevant.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was Shawcross's first red as well wasn't it? Doesn't mean he's still not an oafish hack, he's just an oafish hack who has managed to keep himself within the lines for the most part.

Anyway, Koscielny's come back out for the 2nd half :)

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It was Shawcross's first red as well wasn't it? Doesn't mean he's still not an oafish hack, he's just an oafish hack who has managed to keep himself within the lines for the most part.

Tbf, I don't think Joe Cole is a dirty player. But I don't think that makes any difference whatsoever.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Isn't he a lot younger?

Er, cracking goal

duffer

Jesus, some ****ing amateur **** right there. Need to find some nuts and ****ing fast.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It does if you want to argue about whether he has set out to hurt him
Well, I don't know if it does really. But again it's not particularly important, as recklessness substitutes intent in my eyes. So it's one or the other. Besides, if it is that much out of character, it makes you wonder why at any moment in time, it's today he decides to lunge in like this. I'm not really making the claim that he did set out to hurt him. But it's another coincidence...

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wilshere and Eboue will be the 2 to come off I think.
Arshavin to be one of them surely.

Edit: Guess not, think Wilshere has done well tbh, but probably right to get him off. Looking a bit jaded.

Last edited:

grecian

On a tangent her, but there was a lot of defence over Webb in the WCfinal about sending off guys, because "it would ruin the game", of course that match turned out to be a cracker because of it:unsure:

This match has been improved by the sending-off IMHO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
On a tangent her, but there was a lot of defence over Webb in the WCfinal about sending off guys, because "it would ruin the game", of course that match turned out to be a cracker because of it:unsure:

This match has been improved by the sending-off IMHO.
There should be no defence for Webb's WC performance, he completely bottled making any sort of decisions whatsoever. Worst refereeing performance in a major final I can remember.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Is a pretty big risk when you jump into a tackle two footed tbf.
Come on, cole was clearly just trying to close them down. It wasn't clever and nobody has said it was, but if you think he has gone out there with instructions to break some legs then you're just wrong

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
There should be no defence for Webb's WC performance, he completely bottled making any sort of decisions whatsoever. Worst refereeing performance in a major final I can remember.
Have to say I find it funny how the people who seem to be moaning the most about it are Dutch tbh.