• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've just sent one of our better prospects Francis Coquelin to Lorient for a season. Koscielny should be on his way soon it looks like. Link here

edit: I hope castrol sticks around though. He could keep this thread inflamed over the summer.

Craig

World Traveller
Inter and Real Madrid are not far off from agreeing a €30m transfer fee for Maicon. And nobody can blame Benitez as he has little to do with transfer dealings (aside from requesting players). Wouldn't be bad piece of business from an Inter POV, if they want to cash in on Maicon as he turns 29 in little over a month, and becsides he wants a new challenge/more money (depends if you're a Maicon fanboy/girl or hate him) at Real Madrid.

Craig

World Traveller
Citeh have all but signed Yaya Toure for £27m and will pocket £90k a week in wages. Martin Petrov joins Notlob on a free transfer.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
United seeming to confirm they're not interested in signing Joe Cole - looks a straight fight between Arsenal and Spurs now.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Citeh have all but signed Yaya Toure for £27m and will pocket £90k a week in wages. Martin Petrov joins Notlob on a free transfer.
Haha, if that's the case then it makes Barcelona offering £30m for Cesc all the more pathetic.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, if that's the case then it makes Barcelona offering £30m for Cesc all the more pathetic.
Would seem a strange signing if true - especially for that ridiculous amount of money - when they already have Barry, De Jong and Vieira to play a similar role.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, maybe he is but I don't think the difference is so pronounced that it's worth spending nearly 30 million quid on him when you've already got the other three. Still, I suppose the two key points here are:

1) This is still just a rumour
2) Citeh won't even notice the money is gone

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Definately seems like a lot of green for a defensive mid, particularly when they already have a few. Plus they already have a Toure. That said, he's a better DM than Barry and co. And a better Toure than Toure, haha.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm still ashamed RSC plays for my club. Makes me physically ill.

FWIW, Yaya is someone I've wanted us to buy for quite some time. Can play in defence as well and is a much better player than both Barry and de Jong. I'm not sure which one he'll replace though. Maybe Barry will play some LB? Though tbh I expect us to buy a LB before the "summer" is out.

Zlatan, Silva and Kjaer from here on and I'll cry the manliest tears.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alexis Sanchez will probably be on the move as well so city probably after him as well, been linked with Real and Man utd, really hope he does not go there.