• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Mate just texted me to say that Pedro is the first Spaniard to have scored for Barca in a European Cup final.

Anyway, kudos. Best team won. Man U's limitations shown up. No disgrace to them, they've punched well above their weight this year.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Let the Barca Wankfest begin....

We were outplayed tbh. And Barca deserved it.

But the tactics of trying to take them on were naive. Would have been better going the Mourinho way as we did in 2008 in the Semi's against them.

Frustrate them for 60/70 minutes and try to nick a goal somewhere and then bring Chicarito when they are tired.

But we tried to do the same we failed to do in 2009 against them,again.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Fair play Barca, we clearly got beaten by the better team. Like Brumby said, we did very well considering that our team isn't actually that good.

Barca though, wow. Just stunning, no team could have tocuhed them.

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Must say, it was lovely to watch a game without much diving and talk back **** to the referees. Credit to both team there.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Love it when a bloke whose team's season highlight is an away trip to Grimsby comes on here to gloat.
Haha, wasn't gloating, not at all. Just making a playful dig based on the relegation thread.

FYI however, Grimsby are two divisions below the Mighty Whites. SMD.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, wasn't gloating, not at all. Just making a playful dig based on the relegation thread.

FYI however, Grimsby are two divisions below the Mighty Whites. SMD.
Haha, fair enough mate.

What does this say about where these two countries are football wise? I thought United's squad was ok at season's start but didn't really expect them to win the league, let alone make the CL final. They won their league by nine points, but Barca are that far ahead of United it's like they're playing a different sport.

That 20 minute period after half time was utterly sublime. As good a period of football as you could ever watch, surely.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Barca are obviously a class above everyone

Then I'd say there's not much between Real and Man U, and that our 3rd-6th teams would fancy themselves against theirs. Someone like Furball who watches more La Liga probably better placed to comment.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Barca are obviously a class above everyone

Then I'd say there's not much between Real and Man U, and that our 3rd-6th teams would fancy themselves against theirs. Someone like Furball who watches more La Liga probably better placed to comment.
We should have absolutely hammered Valencia at home in the group stages. If you'd offered me a 1-1 draw that night before the game I'd have taken it, but I don't think I've ever left a European game at Ibrox so gutted that we didn't win.

Then again, Man City hardly covered themselves in glory in the Europa League. I'd fancy Barcelona and Real Madrid to hammer pretty much every side in Europe, apart from those two I don't think there's any really top notch sides in Europe. I think I'd probably fancy Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs against their equivelants, but I'd probably fancy a mid-lower table La Liga side to comfortably beat their EPL equivelant.

Uppercut

The English media don't appreciate how much better Real Madrid are than any of the English sides. They did the same with Barcelona, but it's hard to see anyone doing that after tonight.

Loved Roy Keane's comment after the game- "I thought I played football to a pretty high standard but I've never seen anything like that before."

Furball

Evil Scotsman
The English media don't appreciate how much better Real Madrid are than any of the English sides. They did the same with Barcelona, but it's hard to see anyone doing that after tonight.

Loved Roy Keane's comment after the game- "I thought I played football to a pretty high standard but I've never seen anything like that before."
After the footballing lesson Barcelona handed Man Utd in Rome 2 years ago you'd have thought the English media would have learned their lesson, but we still get dicks like Stan Collymore saying last week that Barcelona and Real Madrid wouldn't win the Premiership because "they wouldn't fancy it on a cold winter night against Stoke."

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Don't agree that we punched above our weight to reach the final. We were the best side in our half of the draw.

However, Barca are absolutely ridiculously good. I find it hard to believe there has ever been a better side.

Uppercut

After the footballing lesson Barcelona handed Man Utd in Rome 2 years ago you'd have thought the English media would have learned their lesson, but we still get dicks like Stan Collymore saying last week that Barcelona and Real Madrid wouldn't win the Premiership because "they wouldn't fancy it on a cold winter night against Stoke."
Barca are miles better now than they were two years ago though. Even some people that usually know their footy really didn't twig on to quite how good this team is.