• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

cpr

International Coach
TBH i do hold a soft spot for Aberdeen due to us poaching half their 80's side, plus Jim Bett was awesome (my memory may well be very hazy on that front though!)

Castrol

Cricket Spectator
Fixtures tomorrow, time for a new thread :)

Hoping for Sheff Wed away on the opening day and a home game to finish. The rest, meh, I'm just glad we have nobody who has ever performed with New Order anywhere near the dugout this season.
If Swindon can keep hold of Charlie Austin, then automatic promotion awaits.
I can see it now - last game of season, Swindon celebrate winning the championship at the god forsaken place Prenton park whilst sendin Tranmere down. :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If Swindon can keep hold of Charlie Austin, then automatic promotion awaits.
I can see it now - last game of season, Swindon celebrate winning the championship at the god forsaken place Prenton park whilst sendin Tranmere down. :)
Lucky for you that the game's in May so we won't be able to turn the floodlights off to prevent you getting a result. Not that anyone would ever do that of course.

Cheating ****s.

Oh, welcome to CW and see the 'Division Three Comp' thread if you're planning on sticking around.

Castrol

Cricket Spectator
Lucky for you that the game's in May so we won't be able to turn the floodlights off to prevent you getting a result. Not that anyone would ever do that of course.

Cheating ****s.

Oh, welcome to CW and see the 'Division Three Comp' thread if you're planning on sticking around.

All a bit rich coming from a supporter of a team who dont know how many players are meant to be on a pitch at one time.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
All a bit rich coming from a supporter of a team who dont know how many players are meant to be on a pitch at one time.
Hardly our fault if the officials don't know what they're doing. Worth mentioning that we were 1-0 up against a Premier League side in the 90th minute at the time, always overlooked. And why the referee didn't just have the free-kick retaken, you've got me.

That's the same as pulling the plug to prevent defeat, of course.

Castrol

Cricket Spectator
Hardly our fault if the officials don't know what they're doing. Worth mentioning that we were 1-0 up against a Premier League side in the 90th minute at the time, always overlooked. And why the referee didn't just have the free-kick retaken, you've got me.

That's the same as pulling the plug to prevent defeat, of course.
What can i say, a simple forgivable technical failure.
Just a shame for you that we didnt have to do it this season hey?

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tranmere's floodlights are pretty dodgy, although the incident I'm thinking of kept us up for another 24 hours which was handy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What can i say, a simple forgivable technical failure.
Just a shame for you that we didnt have to do it this season hey?
All worked out okay tbh :p

Mitchell, the incident you are thinking of was nothing to do with the actual floodlights but in fact some nutter who climbed up them

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
We seem to attract more than our fair share of League One fans for a cricket forum, don't we?

I am personally grateful that our trip to Dagenham has been scheduled for August 14th so the lights can't go out at Victoria Road as they frequently did two seasons ago (not that we complained as we were getting battered at the time...)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Was it Tranmere who managed to sub a player who was about to be sent off? FA Cup tie, late 90s/early 00s?
January 8th 2000, it was the officials' fault, hence the FA gave the ref a three-match ban

Was on the pitch for about a minute, all the idiot ref had to do was get them to retake the free-kick and all would have been fine

Instead Peter ****ing Reid reckoned his Prem side deserved a replay after being outclassed by the ultimate underdogs...we beat Prem sides for fun that season, in fact we had a better record against Prem teams than those bastards in blue across the water that season. And we went to Wembley

1999-2000 was the greatest season in the history of football