• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2010-11

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Man City play with one CDM instead of three and look what happens! Beautiful football.

Very worried about Blackpool now. At least DJ comes back next week.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Whaaaat? Furball dissing the man with the Celtic-affiliations? Shume mishtake Shurely?
I've seen both first hand at Rangers - Wilson, even at the age of 17, was laughably superior to Kyrgiakos.

Wilson has never played as a left back in his life, so for Dalgleish to play him there is stupid.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've seen both first hand at Rangers - Wilson, even at the age of 17, was laughably superior to Kyrgiakos.

Wilson has never played as a left back in his life, so for Dalgleish to play him there is stupid.
It's not like he had much option tbh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Man City play with one CDM instead of three and look what happens! Beautiful football.
Not the greatest feat when your opposition is liable to turn up and play like complete bilge tbh.

Edit: Nevermind, disregard that, thought they played Wigan for some reason.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, true enough I suppose, they have been pretty rank for a while now. Their season(s) remind me a bit of Charlton's when they were a premiership side actually. Start well, finish dreafully.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Rooney's got two matches suspension for swearing at the camera. That's a total joke. Unless they're really suspending him for elbowing someone against Wigan.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
It was pretty intense. Not sure about the two-match ban, but there needed to be some punishment.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I think a hefty fine. Don't really like seeing a player get banned for that (well I do like seeing the fat scouse scally get banned but still). That being said, in theory the ref could have sent him off for it so...

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Would have had no problems if he was just swearing in general and the camera happened to catch him, but he looked right down the lens and swore. Completely classless ****.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If the FA want to stamp out "classlessness" in football, this is a terrible place to start. They didn't even object in the slightest to United fans calling Wenger a paedophile, they just pretended it wasn't happening.

Every opposing set of fans in the entire country conducts an aggressive, personal, foul-mouthed attack on Rooney every time he plays a match and we all just consider it "part of the game." Why have they suddenly drawn a line at Rooney telling a camera where to go? It was classless, but British football stadiums are the absolute epitome of classlessness, and everyone knows it. It's like punishing him for touching someone's boob at an orgy.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Every opposing set of fans in the entire country conducts an aggressive, personal, foul-mouthed attack on Rooney every time he plays a match and we all just consider it "part of the game." Why have they suddenly drawn a line at Rooney telling a camera where to go? It was classless, but British football stadiums are the absolute epitome of classlessness, and everyone knows it. It's like punishing him for touching someone's boob at an orgy.
Because most classlessness within football stadiums stay within the grounds and doesn't get broadcast around the world. I don't watch a lot of Premiership football, but I don't hear too many chants picked up through the effects mikes as audibly as Rooney's swear-filled rant down the camera. Rooney's tanty is a far worse look for the FA in the public arena than chants that can barely be deciphered by Joe Average on the couch.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
If the FA want to stamp out "classlessness" in football, this is a terrible place to start. They didn't even object in the slightest to United fans calling Wenger a paedophile, they just pretended it wasn't happening.

Haha, it really isn't though is it? His was an act which was done intentionally and in the full knowledge that it would be broadcast at length around the country and indeed the world. You can't go up to someone in the street and do that, I wouldn't say it was a great deal more appropriate to do it in this vein either. I appreciate that football stadiums are indeed full of "classless" (ahem) individuals, but there is no way the FA could ever regulate unsavoury behaviour in the stands to the extent that swearing and so forth was outlawed, imagine trying to enforce that.